imgburn won't open, just get hourglass

c4e135

I've been using imgburn for years without a problem. Then today I go to open it and all I get is an hourglass for maybe 5 seconds, which disappears. Imgburn doesn't open up. I check task manager and it is listed there as using 11MB of memory and then it will disappear from task manager by itself after 20 seconds or so.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've used msconfig to restart the computer in diagnostic mode with no services or startup items and it does the same thing. I can start and use Nero without any problem. I've scanned for viruses and have found nothing. I've searched the forums and the internet and didn't find anyone with the same problem.

I'm on Win XP SP3 and am using the newest imgburn. Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the fast reply Lightning UK! Unfortunately, I've just discovered I can't even get to command prompt. When I type cmd, the screen refreshes as if explorer.exe was just reloaded. It looks like I have more serious matters than just imgburn not working and I will have to do a format/reinstall. I appreciate your help anyways.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.