While burning, the write speed reduce to 0.0x

lighthammer

When i burn a disc (DVD or Blu-ray), sometimes the write speed falls to 0.0x, but i got no errors. The time information still running. I left it alone for about 30 Minutes, but nothing. All LEDs of the drive went off and i can't open the tray anymore. I can't stop the burning, can't end Imageburn even not kill the task with the Windows TaskManager. If this happens, i can't start any other application in Windows. The only solution is to restart Windows. To do so, i have to use the Reset-Button of my Laptop.

The environment:

Imageburn 2.4.2.0

DELL Inspiron 1720 with WinXP SP3

LG H20L Burner via USB with last FW

Media:

NoName DVD+R @ Write Speed 8x

Verbatim DVD+R DL @ Write Speed 4x

Verbatim BD-R 25 @ Write Speed 2x

Panasonic BD-RE 25 @ Write Speed 2x

Unfortunately i have no logfile. There are no entries in the file. I think it is because i have to hard reset Windows.

But it looks totally normal, so far. No difference to a successful burn.

Any tips? :unsure:

what the problem looks like to me is that imgburn has finshed the task but fails to close down i cant really tell you much more with no log file mabie if you oped windows notepad and paste the log into there and save it before you reset.

also i would try unenstaling imgburn then reinstaling it mabe that would help.

Try to get ahold of that log without it a disscusion is usless :teehee:

The only solution is to restart Windows. To do so, i have to use the Reset-Button of my Laptop.

I KNOW THIS OS THE ONLY SOLUTION YOU HAVE FOULD SO FAR BUT THIS COULD INFLICT SERIOUS DAMAGE ON WINDOWS

what the problem looks like to me is that imgburn has finshed the task but fails to close down...

When this happens, the progress is between 3% and 15% of the whole burning.

Sorry, didn't mention that before... :whistling:

also i would try unenstaling imgburn then reinstaling it mabe that would help....

Will give it a try...

I KNOW THIS OS THE ONLY SOLUTION YOU HAVE FOULD SO FAR BUT THIS COULD INFLICT SERIOUS DAMAGE ON WINDOWS

I know, but what else could you do, if Windows is not responding... <_<

I've got a backup image.

what tends to work for me is restarting window explorer.exe the iso burn resumes after goin down ot 0.0x

You say, imgburn stops writing the disc and you restart the explorer.exe. After that imgburn will also restart the burning of the disc? Is that right?

Thanks, for the replies... :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.