DeviceIoControl ERROR!

ceaserone

Just wondering what exactly the

W (Time 00:00:00 Removed by me) DeviceIoControl(IOCTL_STORAGE_MCN_CONTROL) Failed! - Media change notification has NOT been disabled.

What does the above text mean? I recently upgraded my PC and now when burning I get the above error.

The error doesn't change the way the program works in any way everything burns fine but just wondering what it meant...

I like keeping a tight shift and would like it to go away!!

Thanks in advance...I love this apps from the speed of it all the way to the smurky comments lol EX:"I heard you the first time " :teehee: when trying to shutdown the app more than once...I love it..

I think more people should add the those type of dialogs to more applications when programming adds "Fun" to the app.

Thanks to the repliers

Thanks for the reply...I am going to post this info for you ASAP

Right now I'm 9% on a 6gb file burn and if the DL dvd's weren't so much money I would stop it grab the info you requested and post it but there allot of $$$ you and I both know..

I'm going to let it finish and run out for a bit when I get home Ill post it hopefully your still interested in helping me out then

Thanks for the reply and link (The link didn't help toooo much because this is new to me..I have no idea what it all means hah)

Thanks for the reply please if your not busy check back to see my info and tell me what you think.

mmalves this is the info hope your still checking this.

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: SiRemFil

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft

OK I tried to do my research before bugging you again...

I did check updates and I have the most recent drivers...bios installed now..Still having the error.

You had said to disable it? I looked and looked and just dont see a spot to disable, says Im using SPTI -Microsoft under I/O

Am I in the wrong place all together?

Thanks again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.