Newnewnewbie

lpvmc

Hi,

As a newnewnewbie in this = burning audio/dvd = ImgBurn I would appreciate any help offered.

I have a dvd from a concert and would like to have a track on my computer or even better on a seperate cd. Went through the forum but cann't find the way to do it. Tried some other programs but they didn't/couldn't do the job and than I ran into ImgBurn.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Thanks for your quick reply and will follow your suggestion.

Furthermore I will read some more on ImgBurn since I've seen a lot of positive comments on it.

P.S. Is what I want not burning a track from the dvd?

Edited by lpvmc

dvd's don't have tracks like cd's do.

You actually have to rip the audio stream from the vob files.

Once you have the raw track you'll need to convert it to something you can actually work with - i.e. a wave (*.wav) file.

Then once you have the wave file, you can burn that to a cd as a proper cdda music track that'll play in any cd player.

After ripping (which we can not discuss here), use an editing tool to get the audio from the track you want. For example, most popular transcoders (including DVD Shrink, Nero Recode etc etc) have a start/end feature so you can isolate the bit you want as a little DVD project.

Then use PgcDemux to demux the audio track (which will be AC3). Now, use any audio transcoder (BeSweet/BeLight is a good one) to convert it a WAV file. Or you might prefer a single GUI to do this for you. Try SUPER, which can take VOB input and output as WAV.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.