Anyone Remember??

kirk1701™

Just seen the first season recomended in my netflix queue so I thought yea, what the hell will make something good to watch this summer when there are nothing but reruns on.

Added season 1 and season 2 but the Third season is not available :|

Did a seach on google and came up with this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086759

Shows the same thing, nothing released past season 2 so I'm wondering if anyone knows if they just started releasing the series?

Was a great show for its time :thumbup: Plus, I just moved to Miami when the show was running

Edited by kirk1701

Supposedly, Miami Vice was pitched to NBC as just two words: "MTV cops." :) I was around when the show was new, but, I never got into it. Relatively mindless, to me. All flash, no substance, which was what they were going for. :wink:

No argument there db :thumbup: Modern day dukes of hazzard =))

I just liked trying to pick out scenes in the show where I'd been and recognized. I do the same now with CSI-Miami :thumbup:

Supposedly, Miami Vice was pitched to NBC as just two words: "MTV cops." :) I was around when the show was new, but, I never got into it. Relatively mindless, to me. All flash, no substance, which was what they were going for. :wink:

No argument there db :thumbup: Modern day dukes of hazzard =))

I just liked trying to pick out scenes in the show where I'd been and recognized. I do the same now with CSI-Miami :thumbup:

Add me to the list of people that never got into Miami Vice, or The Dukes of Hazzard.

Speaking of Dukes, I actually taped today's episode! :o I wasn't a huge fan of the show. I mostly only watched it because the other kids were, but, grew tired of it pretty quick. My mother did give me the Dukes watch, though, and I had an Ertl model of Daisy's truck. Oh, and who remembers the Dukes Of Hazzard cartoon? =))

Anyway, I needed today's episode because it was such an outlandishly stupid one, even by Dukes' standards: Boss Hogg replaces Roscoe with a robot! :rolleyes:

Basically. :lol: Two guys stole a prototype robot, intending to hold it for ransom. They piss off the Duke boys when they try to pass them and nearly cause a wreck. This brings Roscoe and Hogg by proxy in when they're all fined, only to discover the robot. The two robbers then wheedle their way out when Hogg is fascinated by the machine and agree to sell it to him as his new security force. When they discover the robot will be protecting the bank, naturally, they program the robot to steal the money and plan on framing the fired Roscoe and the Duke boys for the actual theft while they run off with the cash.

The script is so bad it even has a mathematical error in it! They planned on ransoming the robot for $2 million, but, when they succeed in getting the $325,000 from the bank, they make this idiotic statement:

"What about the robot?"

"Just leave it! We have twice what we'd get for him here in this bag!"

$650,000 is hardly twice times 2 million. =))

Interestingly enough, the robot was played by Bob Shields, aka Robert Shields, the mime of the famous married duo of Shields And Yarnell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.