Verify during Read Mode?

LazLong

DISCLAIMER: I LOVE ImgBurn, and am a donor. Please be gentle. ;-)

ImgBurn v2.4.4.0

When in Read Mode, I am unable to select 'verify' to automatically compare the image written to the original disc. The check box is grayed out. How does one enable automatic verification after a Read job is complete, as can be done when in Write Mode? It's a PITA to manually go into verify mode and select file and disc to compare after completing a Read job!

There's no such thing as verifying a read operation, it simply doesn't apply/exist.

I've never known anyone to be anal enough to want to do it - reading and then reading again seems pointless.

If it's really that important to you then you should read the disc twice and use a 3rd party to compare the two (or turn on md5 calcs and compare those).

There's no such thing as verifying a read operation, it simply doesn't apply/exist.

I've never known anyone to be anal enough to want to do it - reading and then reading again seems pointless.

If it's really that important to you then you should read the disc twice and use a 3rd party to compare the two (or turn on md5 calcs and compare those).

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I wan't ImgBurn to create the image, and then once the image is complete, do a verify that the image matches the physical disc.

Maybe I am a little to anal....I am often called an asshole.... ;-)

You'll have to do that manually by using Verify mode and selecting the disc image created using Read mode. For a more accurate comparison, use another drive to read the disc while verifying against the image.

You'll have to do that manually by using Verify mode and selecting the disc image created using Read mode. For a more accurate comparison, use another drive to read the disc while verifying against the image.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid, manually selecting Verify mode. I would rather just be able to check the 'verify' box and have it do it for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.