Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dstruct

Image Information doesn't display "&" properly (FIXED)

Recommended Posts

Here a screenshot of ImgBurn 2.4.4.0 on Windows XP SP3:

 

 

 

Why doesn't ImgBurn display "1 & 2" properly in the Image Information window?

 

 

FIXED (2.5.0.0)

Edited by Dstruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps because & is not allowed in filenames in Windows?

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps because & is not allowed in filenames in Windows?

 

Regards

 

& isn't allowed in filenames? That's simply not true.

 

 

FIXED (2.5.0.0)

Edited by Dstruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then how about helping us out a bit by giving us something to work with? Like what EXACTLY you are doing. What files are being loaded? Do they have weird characters in the name? Operating system? Default language? Etc. We're good but we're not psychic. Help us out a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Then how about helping us out a bit by giving us something to work with? Like what EXACTLY you are doing. What files are being loaded?

 

Come on. You can see all this on the screenshot, don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Then how about helping us out a bit by giving us something to work with? Like what EXACTLY you are doing. What files are being loaded?

 

Come on. You can see all this on the screenshot, don't you?

Nope, your screenshots are pretty dicked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nope, your screenshots are pretty dicked up.

 

"dicked"? What does that mean?

Edited by Dstruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No problems to read the image here.

 

:)

 

 

OK then t's just me..... :teehee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unreadable...blurred...screwed up...fucked.

 

Maybe your browser fucks it up (resizing to smaller size) when viewing it!? No problems here with it. If you're using Firefox -> click on the image to view it at original 1:1 size ... or hit CTRL+0 to reset the website scaling to original size ... or ...

Edited by Dstruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fucks sake. Do you want help or not? The screenshot shows me 3 parts of fuckall. We need - Filenames. (And I mean the EXACT filenames). The Operating System used. Any foreign Language packs installed. The CUE file in text format. If you want help, then help us by giving us any information you can give us. I've got better things to to do than play fucking guessing games. If you want help (and it's obvious that you do) give us what we need so we can help you fix your particular problem. We're here to help you but you're not making it easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For fucks sake. Do you want help or not? The screenshot shows me 3 parts of fuckall. We need - Filenames. (And I mean the EXACT filenames). The Operating System used. Any foreign Language packs installed. The CUE file in text format. If you want help, then help us by giving us any information you can give us. I've got better things to to do than play fucking guessing games. If you want help (and it's obvious that you do) give us what we need so we can help you fix your particular problem. We're here to help you but you're not making it easy.

 

Calm down. All relevant information can be seen on the screenshot. So if you're not extremely dumb you should be able to reproduce it with EASE. I also don't need YOUR help but the one of the developer ("LIGHTNING UK!").

 

 

 

The & is being translated into an accelerator character.

 

Consider it fixed.

 

Thanks! :thumbup:

 

 

FIXED (2.5.0.0)

Edited by Dstruct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dstruct

 

You're lucky the boss is so forgiving with your attitude. Posting screenshots helps, but you should know by now to post a log. Lose the attitude.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calm down. All relevant information can be seen on the screenshot. So if you're not extremely dumb you should be able to reproduce it with EASE. I also don't need YOUR help but the one of the developer ("LIGHTNING UK!").

 

Let's clarify a few things, shall we?

 

The "developer" is one person. With every dickhead and his dog complaining about alleged errors or bugs with this software, we generally find they have nothing to do with ImgBurn at all and that takes up most of our time.

 

Never assume you've provided all the information YOU think is needed to get a possible problem fixed. Nobody here gives a fuck how clever you think you are nor how much you think you know nor how much information you think we need to troubleshoot your problem. For what it's worth, the questions I ask are for a reason. A foreign language pack can sometime produce weird results as can weird characters in a filename. That's why I asked. Debating the merits of the questions asked, in any forum, defeats the purpose of being there in the first place.

 

Also, as one would expect, we see bug reports almost every week. After much questioning, we almost always discover that the problem is unrelated to this program.

 

The process of elimination can help us help you if we can reproduce the error. If we ask a question, pull your head in and just answer the fucking thing, regardless of how pointless you think it might be. The concept isn't difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.