Invalid or unsupported image file format

iinphiiniitii

Here is my log.

I 00:15:53 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!

I 00:15:53 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 00:15:53 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,904 KB - Available: 2,263,676 KB

I 00:15:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:15:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:15:53 -> Drive 1 - Info: ASUS DVD-E818A3T 1.00 (K:) (ATA)

I 00:15:53 -> Drive 2 - Info: LITE-ON LTR-48246S SS0A (H:) (ATA)

I 00:15:53 -> Drive 3 - Info: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7220A 1.01 (I:) (ATA)

I 00:15:53 -> Drive 4 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F SB00 (J:) (ATA)

I 00:15:53 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!

So this is what happens. I start ImgBurn and it takes a little bit to pop up. Once it comes up, I select "Write image file to disk." Next I choose the source. I am working with two kinds of image files, .nrg (Nero), and .gi (Roxio). If I select either image format, I get the error message that says "Invalid or unsupported image file format." I have not been able to find anyone in the forum with the same problem. I used to be able to write to discs with either image using ImgBurn. If anyone has some suggestions let me know. Thanks.

Do you have a small (in size) *.gi file with a bunch of big *.gi files?

What sort of image are you expecting the Nero one to be?

CD? DVD?

If CD, is it a Data disc, an Audio disc, VCD / SVCD etc?

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post.

All my .gi and .nrg files are images of my CD music collection. I created the images directly from the original compact discs. I created the .nrg images with Nero 7 Ultra and I created the .gi images with Roxio Pro 2010. I collect a lot of OOP CD's so I like to back it all up in case of an emergency. The average size of the images is around 665 megabytes.

Thanks again.

PS. All my files are single images. None of them are small images within a big image.

Edited by iinphiiniitii

Ah ok, only single session / track images are supported for those types (because I don't have access to the official specs).

You'll have to use the programs that created them in the first place.

Oh well, too bad. I thought I would save some trouble and be able to burn the images without a problem. I don't like to use the original software because I would first have to see which of the two programs I used for the image and then open the program once I knew that. It would be cool though if ImgBurn could burn .gi and .nrg images. It's not like I am the only one using them. Nero and Roxio are still popular even though they have more bloatware on them than they used to.

Anyways, thanks.

Yeah but if people use them to make the image in the first place then they can normally use them for burning too.

For the NRG one you could actually mount that in DAEMON Tools and then use ImgBurn to create a new BIN/CUE image from the virtual drive which it can then burn.

For the GI one you're out of luck as I don't think DAEMON Tools supports it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.