ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

44gb onto 2- 25gb bluray discs

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 victor

victor

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone,
just joined, 66 years of age, not very computer literate, willing to learn.
i have successfully cut my 1st. 3d disc from iso files; fantastic. Now the problem, i have another title to burn, but the size of the file is 44gb. I have 25gb bd-re discs (so i can make mistakes and learn) then i can use ,bd-r discs. Please advise.
Also i have a file using left eye and right eye, i used nvidea 3d player, but i dont have a correct graphics card to play the sound; anyway of putting these files onto bd-re? Time for headache pill!
Happy new year to all.
regards Victor

#2 Rincewind

Rincewind

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly, but if you have one iso that is 44GB, you cannot split it into two smaller isos to fits on single layer BD-R discs. 44GB should fit on a dual layer BD-R disc, so unless you want to make your life more complicated than it should be, just burn your content onto a dual layer BD-R.
Sapient pearwood!?

Posted Image

#3 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

You can of course buy double layer BD-RE too (50GB) to test with first.

You don't actually need to burn anything at all, just mount your image in a virtual drive and play from there :)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#4 victor

victor

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly, but if you have one iso that is 44GB, you cannot split it into two smaller isos to fits on single layer BD-R discs. 44GB should fit on a dual layer BD-R disc, so unless you want to make your life more complicated than it should be, just burn your content onto a dual layer BD-R.

Thank you "Rincewind", that clears up part of my problems. Appreciated.
Victor

#5 victor

victor

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

You can of course buy double layer BD-RE too (50GB) to test with first.

You don't actually need to burn anything at all, just mount your image in a virtual drive and play from there :)

Thank you "Lighting U/K"
I will now be looking ,how to mount? my iso, and what programme to use.
Regards
Victor

#6 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Virtual CloneDrive :)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users