Not really a bug, but..

81RED

Last night I was using build mode to make a DVD with some homemade video footage.

I select all the videofiles via the built-in filebrowser and a window pops up telling me: "You have only selected video files! Do they represent what should be in a VIDEO_TS folder bla bla".

Quietly thanking LUK! for thinking about everything I reply "Yes".

I then click the Burn DVD/Create ISO button, and I get prompted with the same question again?!

It then proceeded to burn the DVD, and all was well - I just wonder whether it?s intentional

to ask the same question twice during the same session... ;)

1 probably came from the 'calculate' bit, the other just before the burn.

It's intentional to prompt (well, do everything) twice.

There is no 'same session' in ImgBurn, it's ALL the same session and you could easily have changed something between doing a calc and then pressing the 'Write' button.

1 probably came from the 'calculate' bit, the other just before the burn.

It's intentional to prompt (well, do everything) twice.

There is no 'same session' in ImgBurn, it's ALL the same session and you could easily have changed something between doing a calc and then pressing the 'Write' button.

Come to think of it, I did change something - that something being the disc label. I take it then that if I had not touched *anything* between answering yes the first time and clicking the write button, I would not have been prompted again?

No, it will always prompt.

Each time you click that calc/build button it creates a whole new instance of the 'ImageBuilder' class and so it has to be told how to be configured.

I'm not even going to attempt to remember every little detail between instances (it's just not worth trying!) - hence it'll prompt each time so problems are limited to user selection rather that incorrect guessing on the programs part.

The harder you make things to guess, the more it has to prompt - hence it's easier if you put files in VIDEO_TS folders etc like how they're supposed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I have to re-report that "bug", only this time it seems to be a real bug:

After installing 2.1.0.0 I am no longer able to do what I originally described, I get a

19:46:24 Operation Started!

19:46:24 Building Image Tree...

19:46:24 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:00

in the log whenever I answer "Yes" to the "You have only selected video files." question. Answering "No" does not provoke the error.

Noticed that there is now an option in the setup to answer either yes or no automatically, but no amount of fiddling with those options makes any difference.

Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Edited by 81RED

You're going to have to explain in detail the exact settings you're using and the folder you're adding (or files) in the 'source' box.

I then need to know the actual structure of the folder on your hdd and what files are in it.

Only then can I reproduce it and fix whatever weird issue it is that you're finding.

There will be a 2.1.1.0 released.

In the mean time, just drag the folder into the box rather than adding files! It's gotta be quicker that way anyway!

Will do, or I think I will just make damn sure the video files are in a VIDEO_TS folder to start off with until the next version is out.

Talking about folder leads me to another question though: Would it not be a bit more user-friendly if the "Browse for a folder" button opened a window in which it was possible to select more than one folder? As it is now, it's very good for just selecting a VIDEO_TS folder - but not so good when making data backups that more often than not consists of several folders.. Just a thought.

The dialog boxes don't allow for multiple folder selection I'm afraid. :(

It's probably easier to just use drag + drop (or copy + paste) from an explorer window into the box .

Oh and the files don't need to be in a video_ts folder, any old folder will do.

i.e. just use 'C:\MY_DVD' instead of manually adding all files from the 'C:\MY_DVD' folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.