Supported CD TEXT Keys/Fields in ImgBurn

stoive

We use ImgBurn to correct CD TEXT errors on our albums when they are repressed. It's been a great tool for us, and thank you for making it available! However, we're having problems with the CD TEXT side of things (we want to use as many of the CD TEXT fields as possible):

For example, if I include the UPC key in the cue sheet (ie. UPC 3663636363633) and burn that to a disc, it does not appear in the UPC/EAN field when read back in ImgBurn's Media Information window. If the same disc is read in OSX (terminal command "drutil cdtext"), the value will appear in the MCN ('Media Catalog Number') key (which does make sense).

If I use a 13 character UPC code for the CATALOG key in the cue file and write that to a disc, it will appear in the 'Media Catalog Number' field in ImgBurn's "Media Information" window, but it doesn't appear when read under OSX.

So writing of the UPC/MCN field is supported, but there is something strange with the mapping in ImgBurn.

Generally, I’d like to know which CD TEXT keys are supported by Imgburn, and what the names of those keys would be in the cue file/cue sheet. A general illustration of the mapping would be great. For example, I'd like to know if Imgburn supports writing of the GENRE keys (genre code and name).

I don't have access to the Sony/Philips CD TEXT spec, but from what I can see, there is inaccurate and incomplete information being shared on the internet. I've been referencing this page for information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text, but it's difficult, if not impossible, to determine how to set these keys in an Imgburn cue file. The CATALOG key in the Imgburn cuefile seems to correspond to the UPC_EAN key on the Wikipedia page, but Imgburn doesn't read its value into the UPC/EAN field in Imgburn's media information window.

Thanks in advance!

'CATALOG' doesn't map to anything CD-TEXT related.

'DISCID' maps to the 'Disc ID' field - encoded as CD-TEXT pack type 0x86

'UPC' maps to the 'UPC / EAN' field - encoded as CD-TEXT pack type 0x8E

It supports...

TITLE

PERFORMER

SONGWRITER

COMPOSER

ARRANGER

DISCID

UPC

The 'GENRE' one isn't supported - but it'll be copied over as-is if doing a copy of a disc that already has CD-TEXT on it (where a *.CDT file is then used for the raw CD-TEXT data).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.