I'm pretty new to this software imgBurn, but so far, it looks great. I've been using DVDDecrypter for so long and I didn't know ImgBurn was made by Lighting UK, the same guy!!! I'm using this one to burn DVD5 all the time now and it works great.
Until today, I had never burnt a dual layer with my LG GSA-4163B. I had a movie I wanted to make a backup copy and I didn't want to compress it as the movie is already pretty long and the bitrate is already low enough. So, I went to buy dual layer DVD+R. There was a sale at my store where I could get a 25 pack of Philips DVD+R DL for about 40$, not sure what they are worth because I normally use Ritek DVD-R (DVD5). I keep hearing you guys mentionning Verbatim, but at the price, I didn't complain.
Anyway, back on the subject. I've copied the content of the DVD onto my hard drive with DVD Decrypter and tried to burn it with ImgBurn. I've tried to make an ISO first. For the layer break, I had 3 choices with average (SPLIP at YES) and no PGC at 1 (only 54 with the 3 choices). I chose one and built it. So far, so good.
When I try to burn my ISO loading the MD5 file, I get this error:
"Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None found! (VTS_02)
This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.
None of the cells meet the "DVD-Video specification" criteria for a potential layer break position.
Do you want to continue"
At this point, I always say no 'cause I'm too chicken to make a coaster... it's not like wasting a DVD5, there is a big difference in the price to me.
So, I read all your guides and decided to use a different way of burning it according to a thread I read. I go into "Build" mode and set the output to "Device". I calculate and get this error:
"Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!
Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is the end of the world.
Do you want to continue anyway"
So far, I haven't clicked yes because I'm way to scared to waste a DL. I've searched the whole forum but I haven't seen any thread (or maybe my search was too poor?) about this unless it was on previous versions (1.0). I'm lost of what to do, should I go ahead and burn it anyway? Will this make it unplayable in my player? Is there any way to burn it? I don't understand how it could work on the original and not this one.
Just in case it would be of any interest, the movie I'm trying to backup is "Caligula". Not sure if the DVD was already problematic or it's just the way I'm doing it. I've tried many ways and still nothing has worked.
Thanks for helping me in advance. Even though I'm new here, I've done my part of the searching and unfortunately, I wasn't able to resolve this. Hoping someone might have an idea. Thanks a lot!
PS: If you're missing any information or need more details, let me know!
[EDIT] I've added the logs of the 2 steps I'm doing in case it would help you out. If you need anymore details, don't hesitate.
I 20:42:50 ImgBurn Version 184.108.40.206 started!
I 20:42:50 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 20:42:53 Initialising SPTI...
I 20:42:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 20:42:53 Found 1 CD-RW, 8 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD-RAM/RW and 1 DVD?RW/RAM!
I 20:43:24 Operation Started!
I 20:43:24 Source File: C:\Downloads\CALIGULA_NTSC\NEW\CALIGULA.mds
I 20:43:24 Source File Sectors: 3,935,472 (MODE1/2048)
I 20:43:24 Source File Size: 8,059,846,656 bytes
I 20:43:24 Source File Volume Identifier: CALIGULA
I 20:43:24 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V220.127.116.11 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
I 20:43:24 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
I 20:43:24 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
I 20:43:24 Destination Device: [3:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 (L:) (ATA)
I 20:43:24 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D04-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)
I 20:43:24 Destination Media Sectors: 3,935,616
I 20:43:24 Write Mode: DVD
I 20:43:24 Write Type: DAO
I 20:43:24 Write Speed: MAX
I 20:43:24 Link Size: Auto
I 20:43:24 Test Mode: No
I 20:43:24 BURN-Proof: Enabled
E 20:43:27 Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_02)
E 20:43:27 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:03
I 20:43:27 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A
I 20:43:45 Operation Started!
I 20:43:45 Building Image Tree...
I 20:43:45 Checking Directory Depth...
I 20:43:45 Calculating Totals...
I 20:43:45 Preparing Image...
E 20:43:47 Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!
E 20:43:47 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:01
Edited by X-Fe@R, 01 October 2006 - 12:45 AM.