First, I enabled 'Medium Changers', then I went to: Tools -> Changer -> Medium Changer Control..
The new window displayed my Changer:
[0:0:0] Sony VAIOChanger1 0100 (1394)
which is, as you might infer, a Sony VGP-XL1B.
Interestingly, below the little 'Devices' pulldown, the four informational lines are:
First Transport Element Address: 0 (Total: 1)
First Storage Element Address: 4...203 (Total:200)
First Import/Export Element Address: 1 (Total:1)
First Transfer Element Address: 2 (Total: 1)
I'm not sure what the 4...203 signifies. I mean, I guess I would have expected 1...200 (?) But, then, I have no idea what that information is really telling me anyway, so I don't know why it should surprise me ;-).
Anyway, below that the Drives and Slots appear to be correct:
Drive Media Present Source Slot
1 Unknown Unknown
Slot Media Present
So far, so good.
The trouble comes when I request it to 'Scan All' the slots. It starts out fine, and then gets to a certain point and displays:
Slot Media Present
in the Slots window, and:
Scanning Slot 3 of 200...
at the bottom left.
(Interestingly, the first time I tried this, it got to slot 7, now it only ever gets to slot 3.)
Clicking on Cancel, or attempting to close the window with the 'x' are ineffectual ('Medium Changer Control (Not Responding)'), as is killing it with the Task Manager. The only way to get rid of it is to reset the machine.
The ImgBurn Log contains nothing after the Informational messages about discovery:
15:32:20 Initialising SPTI...
15:32:20 Searching for Medium Changer devices...
15:32:20 -> Medium Changer 1 - Info: Sony VAIOChanger1 0100
15:32:20 Found 1 Medium Changer!
15:32:20 Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices...
15:32:20 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03(G:)(ATA)
15:32:20 -> Drive 2 - Info: MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9584 B100(H:)(1394)
15:32:20 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM/DVD±RW!