ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ElbyCDIO.dll version info

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Where does IMGburn get it's version info for the ElbyCDIO.dll file? This is because Elby has issued a new driver version to fix a security flaw where a malicous program could gain admin rights under certain conditions. The current version is 6130 but IMGburn still lists the now out-of-date 6119 as version in the log output

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,221 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

From a field within the file's version info table I believe.

I don't have pc access right now, so maybe you could check properties / details on the dll itself and see if any of them mention that version number?
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,221 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

Ok so it appears the 6.1.3.0 update only updates the one in windows\system32\drivers and not the one in windows\syswow64... which is what ImgBurn uses on a 64 bit machine because it's only a 32 bit app and Windows redirects the system32 folder there.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#4 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

KK, I'll tell them

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#5 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

Just a quick update on this. What a difference 3 little letters can make. Apparantly the exploit was in ElbyCDIO.sys (kernel part of the driver); IMGBurn reports the version of ElbyCDIO.dll the user mode part of ElbyCDIO where there is no exploit. There's no need to update that one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users