Cloning DVD ISO Error

blacklash123

Hi there. I got an error while cloning a DVD ISO . The DVD does have a moderate amount of scratches on it, so that might be the problem. Nevertheless, here is an image of the error message.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/mv3wv5.jpg

I have one question regarding sector errors. If DVD Decrypt comes across a sector that might be bad, it will "retry" to read it many times until it succeeds, correct? In this case, It retried 24-25 times before showing an error message. I pressed retry again and it tried to reread the same sector about ~20 more times before the same message popped up again. What I'm getting at is, if the "Read Errors: 0 (x Retries)" still remains at zero (and where x is a really large integer), it doesn't matter how many retires it takes to still make it a flawless ISO clone when the cloning process is complete, is that right?

In this cloning session, the program did not try to jump over the bad sector, but kept retrying until it prompted an error message twice in a row. Is there an option to allow it to jump over that one bad sector encounter? Am I also able to control how many sectors are read a time and how many sectors the program is allowed to jump when it does come across a bad sector? Preferably, I would like both read and jump bad sector to be 1 to create the best ISO if I know the DVD is pretty much pristine and known to be error-free. In the event that there was just one bad sector on a DVD, I wouldn't want the DVD Decrypt to jump like 16, 32, or 64 sectors. I'm a freak perfectionist, I know... I want to backup perfect copies of my DVDs, but unfortunately, some of the super old ones can't be helped as to having a few scratches here and there.

When I close DVD Decrypt, many error messages popup. I found a fix, but I'm not sure if it's proper or recommended. What I did was go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVD Decrypter\" -> Right click on DVDDecrypter.exe  -> Select "Properties" -> "Compatibility" tab -> Under "Privlege Level", select (tick) "run this program as an administrator" -> Click "Apply". Does this method approve?

This isn't the DVD Decrypter forum... that program is dead and unsupported. Luckily, your errors are pretty generic and (for the most part) would apply to ImgBurn too.

Yes, your disc is unreadable. That could be due to the scratches or it could be part of any copy protection the disc happens to be using.

If the program is able to get the drive to read any problem sectors by simply asking it to attempt to read them again and again, fingers crossed, the data it returns should be fine. That's all down to the drive though.

The error messages when you close it down are indeed down to permissions. The program needed to be run as an administrator and what you've done will work just fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.