DVD+R and DVD+RW Book Type Support

Dolt

I'd sure like it if the Write mode supported bit setting for the Book Type of DVD+R and DVD+RW media. I always have to use shut down ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 and switch to Nero to burn to any DVD+R media since it supports bit setting with such drives. By setting the type to DVD-ROM for DVD+R media you can burn DVD+R disks that play fine on 99% of DVD Players that would otherwise not play them. I've noticed that when it reads a DVD+R disk it will actually say what the Book Type the DVD+R media is set to so I know you are aware of what I'm talking about but yet you do not support it while writing to a DVD+R disk. I took the exact same image and media. I burned one with ImgBurn and the other with Nero and when I later put each in the drive it said the Nero one had a DVD-ROM Book Type but the ImgBurn one was DVD+R. I'd like to it if you added support for DVD+R media Book Type bit setting. It's probably not that difficult of an addition and it would make the program usable to burn to DVD+R media as well as with DVD-R media.

Edited by Dolt

Bitsetting is performed automatically by almost all burners now. It's not something you have to 'do/change' for every burn. It's a set once and forget about it type setting (on all but LG drives I believe - more fool them!).

ImgBurn supports changing the booktype setting on most of the major manufacturers, just click the little 'Book' picture down the bottom right when in one of the write mode. (on the 'Device' tab in Build mode).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.