Silently command line burn DVD9 to ISO

Kjeld

Hello, 

I am using ImgBurn at the cmd line. When trying to create an ISO file from a DVD9 format (or any format bigger than max DVD5 size), the ImgBurn GUI asks for user input (to determine layer breaks). 

Is it possible to have ImgBurn choose itself (a strategy, a default, ..) so the process can silently continue without user input? 

Cheers,

Kjeld

15 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Well, I say that.... if you just want an ISO for playback via a media player rather than for burning to disc (basically anything where the layer break isn't important), you can change the size of single layer media to something larger than DVD9 and it won't prompt you.

Sounds good (yes it is just for playback on a media player). Can you tell me how to do that, changing the size. Do you mean by a cmd line setting? 

Thanks!

No, not via CMD line, this is in the program itself.

Go into Build mode and then select the 'Advanced' tab on the right, followed by the 'Media' one.

Change the Single Layer - Profile to 'Custom' and then enter a larger number. Maybe just copy the value from the double layer DVD+R DL one (i.e. 4173824).

21 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

No, not via CMD line, this is in the program itself.

Go into Build mode and then select the 'Advanced' tab on the right, followed by the 'Media' one.

Change the Single Layer - Profile to 'Custom' and then enter a larger number. Maybe just copy the value from the double layer DVD+R DL one (i.e. 4173824).

Works like a charm. Exactly what I needed. The ISO files are now created silently at the command line. Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.