Device not ready Error

Jonny Wright

Hi all,

Im getting an error:

Device Not Ready (Logical Unit is in process of becoming ready)

What exactly does it mean? I tried waiting thinking the app was waiting for another process to finish using the disk (maybe autorun or something) but after waiting for ages still get nothing.

Sorry if im being thick im new to this app although so far only good to say about it!

Thanks in advance

Jonny Wright

have you got a blank disc in the drive ?

is the drives tray closed ? if the answer to oth questions is YES, then its most likely the drive does not "see" or recognise the blank media ,

do you have the correct drive selected in the "destination box" in write/build mode

if its hanging on "Device Not ready" then it means the disc is not being recognised, try cleaning the disc and try again .

if the disc is scratched to pieces , thsi may stop it being recognised as well.

does it recognise all other discs ok ?

can you put a blank disc in the drive and select WRITE mode, then copy and paste the info from the information window on the right hand side of IB in here

Just had an idea and thought I would try it...tried to read the disk in DVD Decrypter and it read it instantly? Perhaps a problem somewhere?

EDIT: When I opened it in DVD Decrypter I had to set the region code. Once I had done this ImgBurn opened it fine aswell. Strange, I have been reading DVDs in both apps without having to do this before?

Edited by Jonny Wright

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.