Failed Disc Verification

Kloppstock

How mutch shall you care about the file verification result when burning standard folders and files?

One of my not directley stoneold dvd-rw disc is completley refusing to succed the test, i therefore have polished if from scratches in my disc recovery machine, and allso cleaned it, without results obviosly

Failed to Read Sector 781248 - Reason: No Seek Complete

But seriosly on my own i can't even exclude that this could be just my IBB-file who are corrupted and thatmay affected the whole burning >_<

..you start to wonder when i get following result before i even try to re-burn it

Calculating

-4 654 530 360 (in red)

10653% (in red)

What does that mean? when it not mean that the profile size was over 4.7 Gb, cause it arent

I have driven this disc throw the long erase process over and over again in "Actice@ dvd eraser" before i try re-burn

but it doesnt help. My experience with failed verifications when i used Nero meaned in reality that one random file whas impossible to copy to the harddrive, dont know what Imageburn will perform thou

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Kloppstock

If the data is important to you, then your backup is not complete, on a failed verification process.

If they are just some mp3's and files you can live without then OK but you have to decide whats acceptable for you to lose.

Failed to read sector xxxx will result in 1 maybe 2, 3, 4, X amount of files who knows how many files may not be readable.

If its important then use good quality write once.

If the data is important to you, then your backup is not complete, on a failed verification process.

If they are just some mp3's and files you can live without then OK but you have to decide whats acceptable for you to lose.

Failed to read sector xxxx will result in 1 maybe 2, 3, 4, X amount of files who knows how many files may not be readable.

If its important then use good quality write once.

As suspected, so there is no truth in that Imgburn profiles file can be corrupted and affect :teehee:

I guess thoose red "no can understand numerics" i get when i calculate my profile-file wanna tell me that the disc is corrupted in some way?

why does so many recycled discs fail as thei does for me, all thei do is lying in their cases, and there are no scratches on this one, and dirt is gone

its called RW beacuse it shall have the same perfomance when next re-write damn it >_< is it simply that im bying low quality discs..

Edited by Kloppstock

I guess thoose red "no can understand numerics" i get when i calculate my profile-file wanna tell me that the disc is corrupted in some way?

It is corrupted you mis read me.

Just so its clear what I am saying is a disc that fails to verify is a BAD disc and should be treat as a failure.

If the data on that disc is IMPORTANT it needs to be redone so that you have a perfect backup.

If its just mp3 and data you can live without then accept that 1 or more files may(will) fail to read back on any given device.

Also I justed looked at your log file MBI media is poor and RW media is hit n miss at the best of times even more so when they have been left lying around out of the case etc.

Just buy a new 5 pack they are cheap enough.

• 9 months later...

It is corrupted you mis read me.

Just so its clear what I am saying is a disc that fails to verify is a BAD disc and should be treat as a failure.

If the data on that disc is IMPORTANT it needs to be redone so that you have a perfect backup.

If its just mp3 and data you can live without then accept that 1 or more files may(will) fail to read back on any given device.

Also I justed looked at your log file MBI media is poor and RW media is hit n miss at the best of times even more so when they have been left lying around out of the case etc.

Just buy a new 5 pack they are cheap enough.

Before i buy new RW media i would like to know one thing, im currentley trying to polish another failing disc with another symthom, im using the strongest of car-poolish toxics Norway have ever seen, and there is absolutley

no scratch left on the disc now, still the imageburn verification fails, its allways on "sector 809536" "unrecovered read error"

my experience have allways been that this error is either "dirt" or "scratches"? and sooner or later it will start work, not now however

have polished this crap 5 times after the scratches officially dissapeared, its thou mutch possible that the percent % how long it can verify before failing is changing after every time

i repolish it, but it have never reached over 69 % after 8 tries

is it any point to continue polish and still hope, or is this screwed? can it even be so that i have polishes to mutch and hurted the disc even moore?

you see this disc pretty new so its hard to let it go easy, i have allso start to think in thauts to test with old Roxio >_< instead of imgburn

Byr perhaps..what is "unrecovered read error" a indication for generally when you use

write files/folders to disc and get a logg that looks like this below

namnlsv.jpg

Log.log

Update your burner's firmware to the latest version (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished) and then try burning again. Maybe with the updated firmware your burner can do a better job at burning that disc.

You could also try burning that disc on other computers (if they also error out then the disc is defective).

Update your burner's firmware to the latest version (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished) and then try burning again. Maybe with the updated firmware your burner can do a better job at burning that disc.

You could also try burning that disc on other computers (if they also error out then the disc is defective).

I have updated but it didnt change anything, i dont have any other computers to test on, one thing i have thou is 2 dvdrom's in this computer,

the "funny" thing thou is that my secondary rom cant read certain DVD-RW it seems, and this disc is offcorse one of them, it just try to read round and around while it sounds like a old ATARI 520 ST but it

cant launch anything on it

and the funny thing again is that this mark promise alot in words

LG "HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA 4163B", with the text "RW DVD+Rewritable SUPER MULTI RECORDER" on its door

but this shit can at the same time read any modern dvd game disc!! for some odd reason, but not burn discs, honestley dont remember if i have succeded in the past, but cant exclude it thou

any ideas why the shit dont wanna read burn discs only?

if not i guess what i can do is test on another burn software, but i guess there is no free exept Imgburn? :whistling:

Edited by Kloppstock

The burn process depends on the burner/firmware/media combination: the software simply feeds data in the correct sequence. If something goes wrong then it's those three variables you need to check.

Burners can get dirt on their lens too, so try a lens cleaner disc on that drive. Also check again for firmware updates, just to make sure you have the latest. Do a Full Erase on your RW disc and then burn your data on it. If it still doesn't work then you'll need to get Verbatim discs or a new burner :unsure:

The burn process depends on the burner/firmware/media combination: the software simply feeds data in the correct sequence. If something goes wrong then it's those three variables you need to check.

Burners can get dirt on their lens too, so try a lens cleaner disc on that drive. Also check again for firmware updates, just to make sure you have the latest. Do a Full Erase on your RW disc and then burn your data on it. If it still doesn't work then you'll need to get Verbatim discs or a new burner :unsure:

Could you help me find firmware for my drivers please? im not even sure what name i shall look for, i only know one way to get info

on something that reminds of a name, going to control panel/admin tools/something i cant translate

namnls1r.th.jpg

namnls2j.th.jpg

Only one of these are firmware updated , i dont know which of them either :thumbup:, but the update i have is for a "GSA-4163B Version A105 Firmware Update"

i need the other, and offcorse i cant be sure the one mentioning above was right either

Might be time to get a new burner. :(

Dont you interpret it rather that it can be the disc that have the errors?

cause this is not a wery usual happening for me, and the chanses that both my drivers suffers from the same

global issue atleast i find rather low? thei arent so old either

Edited by Kloppstock

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.