"Device not ready (unable to recover TOC)" ???

jztie

I am attempting to burn an ISO file, and when I get it all set up and put the blank DVD in the drive it gives the message "Device not ready (unable to recover TOC)" and I have no idea what to do to fix that...? I tried a different black disc and it said the same thing. Does anyone know what a TOC is?

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Could it be the type of DVD disc I'm using? How do I find out? I think I've wasted a few discs already.

Thx!!

Dora

I am attempting to burn an ISO file, and when I get it all set up and put the blank DVD in the drive it gives the message "Device not ready (unable to recover TOC)" and I have no idea what to do to fix that...? I tried a different black disc and it said the same thing. Does anyone know what a TOC is?

I use Iomega burner for CD-RWs but it's not plugged in (I tested it with DVD blank discs, cause I was getting desperate, but it doesn't work) . However, I thought ImageBurner would burn videos directly to my E drive (which is where I place my blank DVDs). I'm using Office Depot brand (DVD+R). Could it be a DMA problem, if so, how do I turn it on?

Thx!

It's either the discs you're using or just that your burner doesn't support burning DVD's at all - i.e. it's a CD Writer / DVD Reader.

Look in the log window and see what the device scan reports.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.