Verify Failed! - Reason: Layouts do not match.

Dave Rado

I just tried using ImgBurn to make a copy of an audio CD to an audio CD-R. Everything went fine until it got to the verification, when it aborted with the following error message: "Verify Failed! - Reason: Layouts do not match."

What does that mean?

Log attached.

DaveImgBurn.log

QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242C US85 (ATA)

Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:

State of Last Session: Empty

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 359,846

Free Space: 736,964,608 bytes

Free Time: 79:59:71 (MM:SS:FF)

Next Writable Address: 0

Supported Read Speeds: 8x

ATIP Information:

Disc ID: 97m15s17f

Manufacturer: Ritek Co.

Start Time of LeadIn: 97m15s17f

Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s73f

Your drive is reporting that disc as still being empty - obviously that's not a good sign if it's meant to have just finished burning it!

It could be a drive problem (dust/dirt on the laser or a fault) or a simple case of it not liking the 'Ritek' CDs you're using.

Try another disc and see if it does the same again.

I've wasted four successive CD-Rs, same results every time.

The CDs are Maxell ones, which are one of the most respected brands, plus in the past I've used them without problems.

Also, a minute ago, the internal CD drive was reporting "Drive not ready (medium not present)" for any CD, I had in it. I then rebooted the PC and the drive started reading CDs again.

I also have an external USB CD.DVD drive, and that is now reporting "Drive not ready "spindle servo error" regardless of what type of CD is in it. Seems a bit of a coincidence that both the internal and external drives should fail at the same time, and I'm wondering whether it could be something more deep seated?

The discs might be stamped with Maxell but it's not what's written on the disc that matters, it's the MID/dye... and that's from Ritek.

Maxell could put their name on discs from various manufacturers so you might end up with different ones depending on when/where you buy them.

It's unlikely to be anything more deep seated. The error codes come directly from the drive and is a result of some issue between the drive, its firmware and the media you've put in it.

Do DVDs work in the external or is it having problems with those too?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.