Need help with a DVD-RW disc

Movie Junkie

I need some help regarding a DVD-RW disc.

To give some background...I copy my daily backups to this disc. Each backup goes to a folder named with the date (ex. 03.01.2006). Each folder contains about 290 MB of files. Every 10 days I use Dec to make an .ISO file and then write that file to a DVD-R disc (I do it that way so the original file dates are preserved. I then format the RW disc (full, not quick) and start again.

Yesterday I got an error when Dec first accessed the disc. I checked the disc with DVDInfo Pro and found that the 3rd or 4th block was not readable. I still used Dec to make my .ISO I had it ignore 7 errors (all consectutive) right near the beginning of the read. I then copied all ten folders from the RW that has the error to my hard drive. I encountered no errors while copying those folders and their contents.

My question is, can I assume that since no errors were encountered in the folder/file copy that the error on the disc was on a block that didn't have any information? If so then I believe that the .ISO file should contain valid information. Is that also correct.

MJ. I might be wrong LOL, but I ssem to remember a post back in DDSF days along this lines and there was a program that could check out your files for you............ damned if I can remember the name. I'll search through my puter for you and let you know....... :/:huh::D

cdcheck ?

Yeah that might have been it LUK, it was back in DDSF days, I've done so many things with this puter since then probabley don't even have the app any more........ damn I hate it when I can't remember..... :frustrated::frustrated::swear::lol:

Hey Corny, how you been? going senile or just plain stupid........... LoL........ This is going to bug me the whole night now............ maybe a drink would help............ :drunk::lol::lol:

cdcheck ?

Yeah that might have been it LUK, it was back in DDSF days, I've done so many things with this puter since then probabley don't even have the app any more........ damn I hate it when I can't remember..... :frustrated::frustrated::swear::lol:

I've just downloaded the latest version. I'll give it a try on the DVD-R I burned the .ISO file to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.