Buffer problem

dosu

Hi, ever since the latest update my main buffers been at 0, I tried fixing the buffer settings in the option and also putting all to default and no help, I wasnt having any problems untill the latest update for imgburn. Now I even went back to the older version and still didnt help. It starts at %100 then every second it goes down till it reaches 0 but never up. but the device buffer is fine.

If you want to know my specs its 2months old pc, q6600, 4gb ram, vista x64, 640gb wd black.pioneer dvr-216 latest firmware, I only use verbatims. I havent installed anything since and always defrag ect, im 99% its nothing to do with that, my pc is almost empty and always have over 2gb free ram

Heres a log of my last burn a DL at 4x

;

I 12:25:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 12:25:30 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 12:25:30 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,256 KB - Available: 1,873,068 KB

W 12:25:30 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 12:25:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:25:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:25:30 Found 1 DVD

Edited by dosu

I'm unsure if it's a drive / driver thing or just that the drive is in use by another app and reacts slowly to unbuffered reads... who knows!

The whole idea of it was to take the OS's caching out of the equation as really there's no point in the OS caching what ImgBurn is trying to read. It works for some and not for others - luckily I added an option to enable/disable it ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.