Creating ISO Files from CD

jfcarpenter

I want to create ISO files from CDs I previously recorded. The ISO files I create from ImgBurn can't be opened in both WinRAR and 7-Zip (although both programs say the can open ISO files and I have used WinRAR to open ISO files from other sources). I can use Nero ImageDrive to mount the ISO images so I know the images are corrupted. Should I be able to open the ISO files in a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip? Is there an option I need to set?

Also, is there any way to set the default image file type to be ISO? I can't find any option to change the default from the BIN image file type (selected when specifying the file name for the image file).

Thanks.

If ImgBurn is using the BIN extension then the disc's content can't be saved as an ISO file. And WinRAR/7-Zip/etc can't open BIN files.

Let ImgBurn save the images in BIN/CUE format and Ner0 ImageDrive should be able to mount them from the CUE file.

If ImgBurn is using the BIN extension then the disc's content can't be saved as an ISO file. And WinRAR/7-Zip/etc can't open BIN files.

Let ImgBurn save the images in BIN/CUE format and Ner0 ImageDrive should be able to mount them from the CUE file.

I wasn't using the BIN extension. I was using the ISO extension. I want to be able to extract individual files if I have to (which I don't think I can do with BIN files) but I also want to be able to mount the image if I have to, as well as burn a new CD from the ISO.

Do I have to do more than just select the ISO file type when specifying the name of the image file? I can't find any other setting that seems relevant.

Using ISO as the filename's extension doesn't change the fact that the disc's content isn't in ISO format, hence why other programs can't open such "ISO" file.

Now, if you're talking about Audio CDs then it's a whole different matter: they don't have files in them. They have tracks, and to extract those as mp3/etc you'll need to use a program like EAC or similar.

Using ISO as the filename's extension doesn't change the fact that the disc's content isn't in ISO format, hence why other programs can't open such "ISO" file.

Which brings me back to my original question - is there an option in ImgBurn to create a ISO file instead of a BIN file from a CD? I have not been able to find it.

By the way, this is a data CD, not an audio CD.

Thanks.

Thanks, that explains it. I checked the disks, and they were mode 2, created some time ago using Easy CD Creator version 4.2.

More recent disks I was able to create ISOs from without a problem, but they were created using a newer version of Nero.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.