Burn DVD-R as DVD+R?

Darkfalz

I'm not sure what all that bitsetting does, but is this possible?

Long story short, my DVD player (and DVD-ROM in my computer) sometimes has trouble with the DVD-R stuff I burn, usually near the end of the disc (it will just struggle to read it). My actual burner reads them back fine.

Unfortuantely I went and bought 100 spindle of DVD-R, I could have sworn I picked DVD+R in the store, but once I got it home and opened, I saw to my dismay they were -R. Can I burn them as +R or am I dreaming?

It's the media quality that's the problem, not the booktype.

Changing the booktype lets you play them FULL STOP, it won't improve the readability of them.

In any case, sorry but booktyping on DVD-R media is not part of the DVD- (minus) specs.

On the new ones they are TTH02, on the old ones they were something else. Even though the capacity is the same. Interestingly these are 1-16 while the others were 1-8, but for some odd reason these 1-16 don't support 8x on my 8x drive. Even though I always burn in 4x anyway.

Good luck with them so far but only burned about 5.

Mmmm I had the same dye on discs sold as CMC Unbranded, obviously CMC MAG doesn't have a good name in disc burning circles. My concern is that discs with ID CMC MAG are usually very poor what the hell are unbranded ones going to be like ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.