Yet more coasters

Groundrush

Only having 1 drive could in itself cause this issue.

Everything to do with windows also has to access that same drive and so any other process could cause disc activity which takes away from ImgBurn being able to read at full speed.

I assume you have the writer on it's own channel - away from other devices that may also be being used? (with 7 dvdroms, I guess at least 4 are virtual ;) )

If at all possible, I'd really recommend buying yourself another drive to use for this kind of thing and just leave your main one for windows to use for itself and the swap file.

@lfcrule1972,

Thanks for your opinion. :)

@LIGHTNING UK!

with 7 dvdroms, I guess at least 4 are virtual
You are correct (almost); 6 are virtual.

I assume you have the writer on it's own channel - away from other devices that may also be being used?

I'm not an expert in hardware configuration, but here's what I think I know. My hard drive is on the primary channel. My DVD-ROM is the "master" on the second channel, along with my DVD-RW as the "slave." Is this what you're referring to?

If at all possible, I'd really recommend buying yourself another drive to use for this kind of thing and just leave your main one for windows to use for itself and the swap file.

Thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I'm not sure I want to spend the money on that, but I'll keep it in mind for the future. As long as I keep getting successful burns, I'm satisfied for the time being. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.