Fixed italian translation

>Chrys<

• 2 weeks later...

You need to have a certain number of posts to be able to reply to other peoples topics - it's to cut down on hijacking (which annoys me).

Unfortunately, it would actually be useful in this situation but I can't limit it on a per forum basis.

I have put your 'fixed' version on the website.

Regarding your thread over at 'www.hwupgrade.it', where you mention (several times!) about strings being truncated... there probably isn't anything I can do.

The English strings fit just fine (obviously) and that's all I care about. Sorry but I can't get bogged down with all the translations, it would be a nightmare!

I do my best to move controls and correct their lengths automatically where it's possible, but if a control is positioned to the right of the form or in-line with loads of others, I'm not going to kill the alignment just because a character or two gets cropped off. Use an abbreviation in the translation or find a different way to phrase it.

You need to have a certain number of posts to be able to reply to other peoples topics - it's to cut down on hijacking (which annoys me).

Unfortunately, it would actually be useful in this situation but I can't limit it on a per forum basis.

Ok. Thank you for your interest! :thumbup:

I have put your 'fixed' version on the website.

Regarding your thread over at 'www.hwupgrade.it', where you mention (several times!) about strings being truncated... there probably isn't anything I can do.

My contribute to translation is only for give a hand to the italian translators. :)

This problem happen mainly in Windows Vista or Seven for the font Segoe UI.

The English strings fit just fine (obviously) and that's all I care about. Sorry but I can't get bogged down with all the translations, it would be a nightmare!

I do my best to move controls and correct their lengths automatically where it's possible, but if a control is positioned to the right of the form or in-line with loads of others, I'm not going to kill the alignment just because a character or two gets cropped off. Use an abbreviation in the translation or find a different way to phrase it.

A little suggestion (if possibly) for fix problem: could you set a word limit with suspension points and balloon tips. Example:

Edited with photoshop :D :

screenlo.jpg

Thanks for all LUK! Imgburn is the best program! :thumbup:

Edited by >Chrys<