DVD Label

LRanger

I recently started using ImgBurn 2.5.0 (instead of Nero) to burn my DVDs so maybe I am just missing something.

The problem has to do with the DVD label. I enter the DVD name in the ISO and UDF fields under 'Labels'. After burning the DVD, the label shows up fine in all my Windows systems but in my home players the DVD title is blank???

Any ideas?

LRanger

DVD title and volume label aren't the same thing.

You'll probably have to add a DVD Text block to the IFO to get the player to display a nice name for you.

You might be able to do that with PgcEdit, I've never tried.

(oh and not a bug so moving to support)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do realize the title and volume label are not the same but I guess I just got used to programs like Nero doing it for you.

Don't get me wrong...I do love your program.

Maybe something to consider in a future version.

I will try doing it with PgcEdit and see what happens.

Thanks again.

LRanger

Edited by LRanger

I very much doubt Nero Burning ROM would edit the IFO and insert the value of the volume label in a DVD Text block.

Of course if Nero is actually creating your VIDEO_TS files (via whichever of it's sub-programs does that) then it would make sense.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool and has no place in making such modifications.

I very much doubt Nero Burning ROM would edit the IFO and insert the value of the volume label in a DVD Text block.

Of course if Nero is actually creating your VIDEO_TS files (via whichever of it's sub-programs does that) then it would make sense.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool and has no place in making such modifications.

I have to apologize. ..I did not realize the DVD title was actually in a DVD Text field embedded in the ifo.

I did find the problem. I recently started using a newer version of PgcEdit and it appears he is blanking the DVD title after an edit is performed. Maybe there is a new setting I am missing. The edits I perform have been the same as I have always done so I am sure what is happening but I will find out.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to waste your time with this.

LRanger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.