Trouble burning some wavs

tacozip

When creating Cue files to burn wavs to CD, some waves fail with the following error:

ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

And also:

acmFormatSuggest Failed! - Reason: No device driver present.

I can't find the filters that are asked for. Could someone give me a hint?

Thanks.

What's the format of the WAV files exactly?

You can probably use MediaInfo to get it.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/

The files that fail are 2.822 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 2 channels, PCM(IEEE) (Float)(Float)

The files that work correctly are 1.411.2 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 2 channels, PCM (Microsoft)

We're getting somewhere. Is there a way to make ImgBurn accept the first format as well?

ImgBurn doesn't support individual files, it supports DirectShow and ACM decoding. Those decoding methods support the files - as determined by the filters/drivers installed on your system as a whole.

So if you can find a DirectShow filter that supports the PCM(IEE) WAV file, it'll work fine in ImgBurn.

Can you open those files in GraphEdit?

So if you can find a DirectShow filter that supports the PCM(IEE) WAV file, it'll work fine in ImgBurn.

I've searched and installed a few DirectShow filters from Free-codecs.com, but I keep getting the same error message. I don't know what to look for exactly, anyway.

Can you open those files in GraphEdit?

I downloaded GraphEditPlus but I can't open wave files in it. What do I use that tool for?

In GraphEdit (NOT GraphEditPlus), just click 'File' -> 'Render Media File...' and select your WAV file.

I have build 090421 if that makes any difference - probably taken from a Microsoft SDK of some sort.

I found the solution. The failing files were saved from Adobe Soundbooth as a 32 bit file. The working files however, were 16 bit WAV files.

Saving the failing files as 16 bit WAVs did the trick.

Thanks a lot for your help!

It would still be nice to find a DirectShow filter that can handle such files :)

Converting them to the correct format was always going to be an option, but it was a workaround and not a real solution (in my opinion anyway).

I agree, but i needed those file on disk urgently. Worarounds are alowed in that case :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.