Burning to the outer edge of a disk

kenmasters1976

Is it possible to burn a disc so that the actual data is burnt at the outer edge of the disk?.

I'm trying to burn a CD with only ~100 MB of data and I wonder if it's possible to fill the rest of the disc with dummy data or something. I thought the Image Start LBA option would be useful but didn't work as I expected. I tried searching the forum but didn't find anything (searching for something with LBA on it won't return any results as the minimum search term is 4 characters).

So, is it possible? and if so, how is it done?. Also, does it work for bootable CDs?.

I'm using ImgBurn 2.5.2.0.

Thanks in advance.

This was all I could find about this:

File System Padding

Anything that's not divisible by 16 (sectors) will be padded by the drive when you burn to DVD+ media.

The default setting is '0'.

So how is the OP's interest fulfilled? Do you determine the exact number of sectors that your files will need, and then put-in to that setting "total disk sectors minus file sectors needed"?

Do you determine the exact number of sectors that your files will need, and then put-in to that setting "total disk sectors minus file sectors needed"?

Yup.

Use the the 'Calculate' button to get the normal size (in sectors) of the entire image (with that setting on 0), then adjust the value to suit.

Another ImgBurn capability I didn't know about. Thank you--amazing program! :teehee:

Do you determine the exact number of sectors that your files will need, and then put-in to that setting "total disk sectors minus file sectors needed"?

Yup.

Use the the 'Calculate' button to get the normal size (in sectors) of the entire image (with that setting on 0), then adjust the value to suit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.