Burning .m2ts/ ISO file to DVD

reallylost

Hi, complete novice here. I am trying to burn AVC-HD files to play on my DVD player (+/- Blu-ray player). My muvee maker software creates HD video in .m2ts format. I am using multiAVCHD 4.1 and it creates a bunch of files (BDMV, certificate) that contain all the data. How do I use ImgBurn to burn this AVC-HD to a DVD. I've tried creating the iso files and also creating DVD file but in the end I can't get to the step where it is recognizable/playable on my Blu-ray/DVD player. Is there an "ImgBurn" for dummies that will guide me through getting these .m2ts files onto a DVD-R or RW (UDF 2.6). Thanks

Edited by reallylost

Just follow the BD Video guide in the Guides forum.

Playback issues aren't really anything to do with ImgBurn, it's down to you to figure out how your player needs the discs to be. They're all different and I can't cater for all of them - so I stay generic.

Sometimes players won't play from discs where the booktype is set to DVD-ROM.

You'd get more help with this on a forum that deals with AVCHD... i.e. the Doom9 forums.

AVCHD DVD burning/building is similar to DVD burning/building. You need a program that will create the necessary files and folder, then you can burn that to DVD with ImgBurn. I don't have a disc here to look at and I don't remember the exact structure.

I have an HD-DVR that came with TotalMedia Extreme which I used to convert the m2ts to a AVCHD (BlueRay compatable HD on DVD). This creates folders/files structure similar to DVD, then dragged that folder into ImgBurn and burned it with no problems. I could've just used TotalMedia to burn it but I don't trust it like I do ImgBurn.

I only did this so I could watch it on a friends PS3. I normally just burn the m2ts files directly to DVD and it will play just fine on any computer that has the necessary codecs. In fact they play much better than HD-DVD (I don't have BD); I have to use an old version of PowerDVD to play HD-DVD and it lags, I can play AVC files in Media Player Classic HC with either the ArcSoft decoder or the CyberLink decoder filter.

So, like LIGHTNING UK! says, if you don't have a program that can create an AVCHD DVD you can check in one of the video/DVD forums. Keep in mind, though, DVD can't provide the high bitrate that BD does, I think DVD is 10Mb/s and BD is 15Mb/s.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.