Posting Error - Test

fordman

Test post: Received the following error when attemping to reply to http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1788 thread:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at forum.imgburn.com Port 80

Edited by fordman

Did you have lots of full stops in a row ? I think it's to do with repeating symbols in your post

I'm not sure what you mean by full stops, but I wasn't using any repeating symbols or letters. I was merely attempting to quote LUK's post about the file date problem. I even logged off and then back on, removed the quoted portions to no avail, and then when I came back to edit my original message in this thread, I couldn't do that either...strange!

Stick it in a text file and upload that.

Sorry, I know it's a pain! lol

Actually, I went back and looked and lfcrule1972 was correct that I did have two periods in a row, which I used to represent the parent directory entries that are shown from a command prompt. I changed them to words and then the reply worked! I would have never guessed that having two periods in a row would creat this kind of issue!

However, I'm not sure why I was unable to come back and edit my message in this thread....

In the future I'll use a text file if I can't figure it out!

Thanks lfcrule1972!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.