CD Extra (Enhanced) : MD5 Miscompare

Kasiorn

Hello,

I created a mixed audio CD (extra / enhanced) with Nero : 14 audio tracks + 1 data track in MODE 2 Form 1 for computers. After that I saved a proper bin+cue image with ImbBurn and sent it to a CD replicator, they said me that the disc is not complient and found a lot of unreadable sectors.

Anyway, I tried to burn another one properly with my ImgBurn files (bin + cue) in verify mode (everything is ok).

Then I perfom a test experiment and read the copy with ImgBurn to create a new BIN+CUE image. When I perform a hash command on each files (the first BIN versus the second one), I find different MD5 strings...

Is it normal ?

Why verify mode said everything is ok ?

Isn't be possible to create a good reliable bin image from a Mixed disc ?

Thank you

Nicolas

France

You can't do a decent verify on any disc containing audio. (because drives offset the audio by different amounts and what you read back isn't what was written there (to a sector))

So yes, it's expected that the md5 hash doesn't match.

Multisession (which cd extra is) isn't officially supported in CUE files so the replication plant might just not be able to cope with such images.

Here is the MD5

original bin : AA746ABCAA11AD421D555C843CD74598

"copy" bin : 595CE4B7EEA6299871730A2660AE6129

And I attach you the imgburn log

Maybe someone could explain me the difference between "Device MD5" and "Image MD5" in it..

Thank you

ImgBurn.log

You can't do a decent verify on any disc containing audio. (because drives offset the audio by different amounts and what you read back isn't what was written there (to a sector))

So yes, it's expected that the md5 hash doesn't match.

Ok, that's what I thought.

By the way, Thank you Lightning for your great job

Multisession (which cd extra is) isn't officially supported in CUE files so the replication plant might just not be able to cope with such images.

Yeah, they ask me for a DDP image file but I'm not rich enough to buy a soft like this one, for example.

So I sent a burned disc by postal mail. Today I burned another one very carefully and hope it was just a burning problem, I hope ...

Thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.