windows 95, imgburn won't launch

Longshot9

I found another identical thread on this forum, but I couldn't reply to it. I've installed windows 95b on a laptop, and am trying to get some sort of burning software on it so when the program I need to run on it (which only works on 95) creates it's files, I have some way to get the files off the machine. There aren't any network drivers for this machine for 95, and usb isn't supported so those options are out.

After installing imgburn, it said it was missing shfolder.dll. I found the install files for that and installed it.

Now when I try to run imgburn, the hourglass comes up for a second or two then goes away. No program, no splash screen. Is this a hopeless effort?

Thanks.

The adaptec 4.60 aspi drivers didn't work. The other adaptec link isn't for 95. the nero link doesn't return any results when you search there per the instructions.

I don't know much about the program they need to run, but it's a very old transportation planning program. They already tried to run it in compatibility mode and it didn't work. They basically just need to be able to read some files created with it many years ago so we're trying to set up a win95 machine to run/view/edit those files.

Edited by Longshot9

Do you have all the updates installed for the Win 95 machine?

I don't know what else you've installed but ImgBurn runs just fine for me in 95 when I try it.

i don't unfortunately, the laptop they're expecting me to use for this project came out for WinXP and has no 95 drivers. So no network access. I need to look for some place to download the 95 updates stand-alone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.