Unattended/Silent setup with language preselection

meilon

Hi there!

I want to distribute ImgBurn in our network and therefore I need a way to silently install ImgBurn and change the default language. Silent install is no problem (with the /S switch for the setup) and installing the language file automated is also not a problem. I know that in the registry I can find under HKCU\Software\ImgBurn\ the key GENERAL_Language with the selected language. Because the setup runs as admin it wouldn't help much setting this key in the admin user registry.

Is there a way to set a language for all users as default? Is there something I should set in HU\.DEFAULT or in the HKLM\Software\ImgBurn?

Regards

meilon

You could do it in a user logon script, or yes, just do it in HKLM\Software\ImgBurn.

If no HKCU\Software\ImgBurn exists, it'll get the default settings (well, as many as you specify) from HKLM\Software\ImgBurn when it's started and then save them to HKCU\Software\ImgBurn when the it's closed.

• 4 months later...

If no HKCU\Software\ImgBurn exists, it'll get the default settings (well, as many as you specify) from HKLM\Software\ImgBurn when it's started and then save them to HKCU\Software\ImgBurn when the it's closed.

this great info, it's still valid for the latest 2.5.6.0 version?

because for me not seem to work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.