XGD3 Verify Fails seems to burn OK.

ULTIMATEMALE

Hello everyone, first off I just to say hats off and thank you to lightning UK for developing imgburn as a free app for everyone to use. I really do appreciate it and it is fairly easy to use though it reminds me heavily of DVD decrypter. lol

OK now I know everyone is busy so I'll get to the chunky meat right away.

No I am currently burning XGD3 backups on my liteon Ihas 124 B. This is a brand new drive as in I am the first person to use it. It is not second hand or anything. I am currently using and always have used mkm-003 media aka Singapore Verbz.

The problem is I keep getting I/O errors during the verify process. I have just coasted 10 verbatim discs.

I have tried burning at various settings. such 2.4x with opc off and at 4x with OPC on. I have even tried reflashing the ixtreme firmware. I have also tried the smart setting as in the ones you can change in the eeprom utility. I have tried burns with those setting on and off.

I am quite sure the drive is not faulty, though I'll admit to the possibility of being wrong. The reason why I belive the drive is not faulty is that I have had previous xgd3 burns be successful before. Today I just burned 7-8 discs I had only one successful burn, the settings for that were 2.4x with opc off. I then used identical settings for the next burn and it failed a verify I/O error. usually the I/O error comes up at about 50% of the verification, but I have had I/O errors at 34% and 98% before.

I've ran out of ideas I don't know what to do or where to begin in diagnosing the problem.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanx for reading.

I look forward to your responses.

ImgBurn log.log

ImgBurn.log

Well I tried Those settings they appeared to work at first giving me 2/3 successful burns, I was delghted at first but now it has given me an additional 2 verify fails I/O error at 50%.

I don't mind a failed burn once in a while but the fails are too consistent at the moment.

Your previous response was appreciated Lightening. I thought I would try your suggestion a few times and report back later.

ImgBurn.log

The discs weren't / aren't designed or built with this type of (over)burning in mind - you're in uncharted territory.

So if it works, it works and if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Some drives can handle it better than others and some spindles of discs handle it better than others.

I read on one forum that burning at 2.4x with opc off will work in windows safe mode.

Do you think windows safe mode will allow for better quality burns. I'm asking because I don't see any logic behind that claim, since your a software engineer perhaps you may know a few things that I dont that would help me understand the logic behind that claim.

Safe mode can't improve burn quality. The drive (and its firmware) has complete control over that (an internal process), you can't improve it by messing around with software that has nothing to do with the inner workings of the drive.

You may find 2.4x is as hit and miss as 4x. Give it a go though if you want to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.