ImgBurn freezes when blank dvd's inserted

Gabe

ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 freezes when I insert blank dvd's into an HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH70N.

It does not happen when I insert blank cd's, only blank dvd's. I'm using Verbatim dvd's marked 'Inkjet Printable DVD-R 16x.

I would attach the logs of when it freezes but the machine (XP SP3) becomes totally unresponsive and I cannot save the logs.

Would a firmware update help and, if so, which do you think I should use?

I tried using the option under 'Tools' that says 'Check for Firmware Update'.

That returns 581 results.

I understand that this is of limited use but I am attaching the logs that were generated before ImgBurn freezed up.

Any suggestions?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the time to read this.

ImgBurn.log

Lightning fast response, Lightning!

This is very, very odd.

I made my previous post after trying to get the blank dvd accepted 5 or 6 times and having to re-boot the machine each time, as the program and machine hung.

I tried it once more so that I could copy down what was in the status bar but IT WORKED THIS TIME!

There were some errors in the log so I've attached it.

ImgBurn2.log

So this is still happening intermittently.

It seems to not happen if I go into debug-mode (F8).

Any suggestions on how I can debug this from the time I get stuck at 'Getting Disc Recording Management Area Information'?

Not really, no.

Debug mode doesn't change program flow, it just makes it write out the I/O commands being sent to the drive in the Log window.

I can't tell you why your drive/machine is getting stuck trying to process that command, it just is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.