Windows 7 SP1 issue

Adrianvdh

Hi i know this has nothing to do with ImgBurn and Iv tried looking on google to solve my promble but when installed Windows 7 service pack 1 it installed and Admin and a Guest account when Im wasthe only account on my PC (Adrian) and I am an Admin...could someone please help me with my issue to remove the Admin (Cant delete) and Guest accounts

post-46927-0-25686000-1351023515_thumb.jpg

thanks Adrian :)

Edited by Adrianvdh

This is clearly a topic for the 'Chat' area and not 'ImgBurn Support'.

Consider the topic moved.

If the 'User Account' area won't let you remove the accounts, try the 'Local Users and Groups' MMC snap in (which you can easily access via a right click + 'Manage' on the 'Computer' entry in the Start Menu).

Before doing so, you should probably Google the problem (again, as you failed to do it successfully the first time) to make sure you don't cause real problems by removing them. They're both disabled aren't they? As such, what's the problem with them being there? You'll never see them.

Click the 'Start' button.

Right click the 'Computer' entry on the right (assuming you haven't removed it)

Click 'Manage'.

Confirm the UAC prompt if you get one.

If you aren't using one of the more basic Windows 7 editions, you should see a 'Local Users and Groups' option in the tree on the left. (It's under 'Computer Management (Local)' -> 'System Tools')

Under that you'll find a 'Users' group that'll contain all of the users on your machine.

If you are using one of the more basic Windows 7 editions you probably won't have that 'Local Users and Groups' option.

I don't really see the problem with just leaving them alone though. If the accounts are disabled, they won't show up on the log in screen and you'd never know they were there - except for when you go into the 'User Accounts' Control Panel app... and how often do you do that?!

Find them in that 'Local Users and Groups' bit, right click, select 'Properties' and then tick the 'Account is disabled' box.

You should have been able to disable the 'Guest' account by just selecting it in the screenshot you posted in your first post and just clicking 'Turn off the guest account'.

Wow, you clearly never actually read anything I write. Why bother asking for help if you don't read what people then tell you to do?

I told you exactly how to get it in post #5 and #7.

If you don't understand the advice you're given, query it straight away. I'm happy to help people if they're actually going to listen, what I don't want to do is waste my time telling you things you then ignore.

You must have?!

What about on other accounts?

There's nothing special about my setup (except UAC is off) and I have it.

btw, you can upload files in this Chat forum now, put up a screenshot please.

EDIT: Failing that, from an elevated (running as Admin) command prompt window, type the following:

net user administrator /active:no

(and then press return)

Right, your screenshot shows you've got the properties of the 'Administrators' group up, not of the 'Administrator' user. Two very different things.

You aren't running an elevated command prompt, that's why it says Access is denied.

You have to right click it in 'All Programs -> Accessories and click 'Run as administrator'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.