F**k this router

Adrianvdh

Ahh Hi I'm trying to setup LiNK on my Xbox running Freestyle 3 (with beta updates) and ping patch is enabled... on my router setting I try to enable Upnp and it has a check box to do that which i checked... then I try to set up some ports (default on F3 is 3071 and 3072) so I use those ports (TCP/UDP) and select them in the outgoing and ingoing IP filters... I dont know how/why its messing up and wont let me connect to LiNK but I can FTP to my xbox with FileZilla and it works great but i cant use LiNK.. I have been goggling my problem and watching vids on how to do it but I have no Luck please can someone help me,,,

post-46927-0-10493500-1357992640_thumb.jpg

post-46927-0-13002700-1357992323_thumb.jpg

post-46927-0-46744400-1357992348_thumb.jpg

post-46927-0-11019300-1357992370_thumb.jpg

post-46927-0-94606300-1357992372_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrianvdh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got upnp on, you shouldn't actually even have to add the virtual server bit.

Having both done could cause a conflict.

I assume you're quite sure F3 is actually configured to use those 2 ports yeah? From the screenshots I'm looking at online, it looks like you can set them to anything you want.

It means any device / software can picks holes in your firewall and get the internet access (plus control port forwarding etc) it requires to work properly.

It's not for 'guests' at all, it's for everyone and everything that supports it.

So if F3 wants ports 3071 and 3072, it'll just send its little upnp requests to your router in order to make that happen.

So it basically make your life easy without setting up stuff just plug in a Ethernet cable and ready to go? and what do you mean but pick up holes in a firewall

and does ImgBurn use such a thing?

Edited by Adrianvdh

Your firewall blocks anything from entering your network from the WAN side of things.

So if F3 LiNK wants stuff to come in on port 3071, it needs to ask the firewall nicely if it'll step aside and forward all incoming data on port 3071 over to it on the same port.

Without upnp (and any sort of manual forwarding on the router), F3 would be sitting there all day waiting for data on port 3071 that wasn't ever going to arrive - because the firewall blocked it.

No, ImgBurn doesn't need anything like that.

One of your screenshots showed upnp was enabled on it, so either your router isn't doing what it's supposed to or the xbox just has some issue talking to it.

If upnp won't work, turn the upnp option off in the xbox settings and configure the virtual server bits again in the router settings so it forwards those 2 ports to the xbox.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.