TEMP

Adrianvdh

Yes, you can delete it.

I have no idea why it's so big or what made it in the first place. It's your machine, you need to figure that out for yourself.

Sometimes programs just need somewhere to put 'stuff' they're working on/with but don't really care about (long term) and that's what the temp folder is generally used for.

That said, they would normally use the user's temp folder and not the Windows one. I seem to recall users (and therefore the software they're running) not normally having permission to access c:\windows\temp on Windows 7. When you try, you get a prompt which can modify the security on the folder and give you access to it. It could just be the 'list' permission that's missing by default though.

Ok I need some more help I have made a program to write files to my AppData Folder on The Roaming folder... But Its promoting Access Denied and then I try change the permissions of it from square block on Read Only (what ever that means ) to a clear checkbox and I hit Apply and save the I run my program and i get the error again... Any Help?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.