Burn Dual Layered Disc from ISO Problem 2

Silverstar2406

Hi LIGHTNING UK!

THX for the great ImgBurn. I use this nice small tool since many years. But now i have a problem with burning double layer dvd iso.

I use a lenovo w520 with a sony optiarc BD-5750H and ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 . The burn process fails by 53% after the layer change. Is this the same error as thread http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/21346-burn-dual-layered-disc-from-iso-problem/?

Thanks for your support

ImgBurn.log

Optiarc_BD_RW_BD-5750H_1.00_DIENSTAG-1-OKTOBER-2013_11-09_MBIPG101-R10-65_2.4x.ibg

Edited by Silverstar2406

You are very fast... faster then any payed support!

Yes, i read this Topic  and i use a Sony Optiarc (i know it is a slimline but it is not a OEM drive :notangel: ) with TDK DVD+R GOLD (I can only use TDK disc, my car navigator likes only TDK when it is self burned).

The firmware is up to date, or there are no newer version on optiarc site.

Have you any idea? It was not the first time that i burned the same iso in this burner. But it was befor i used the new version of windows and imgburn.

THX

Your drive doesn't like the disc you're using, that's why it's erroring out. Have you tried the other 'supported' write speeds as per that thread I linked you to? There's nothing to say the drive will produce the best quality burns on that MID with the write speed set to 2.4x... 4x might be better.

It doesn't matter what your playback device likes or doesn't like if the burner doesn't do a good job of burning the disc in the first place.

You'll get a better quality burnt disc if you use better quality blanks... i.e. Verbatim discs with MKM-001-00 or MKM-003-00 MID.

You are right! I burned the DL DVD now with 4x speed and now i can burn without errors, also the disc works fine in my Car. 

Strange... I've never heard that "underspeed" took problems...

Thanks for your help :shakehands: , i burned four disc to dead and i lose alot of money. TDK DL are not really cheap...

And i forgot to say that i burned the first disc's with 2.4 speed....

I will try Verbatim's at next time. Only for my car i need TDK....

TDK DL are not really cheap...

As a brand, no... but they're still using cheap / low quality dyes on their DVD+R DL discs.

People have far more success with Verbatim's MKM-003-00 DVD+R DL discs.

I saw on Wikipedia that TDK cloesd her disc factory in germany and now he produce with subcompanys in India.  

Maybe this is the cause.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.