high pitched sound/shriek

alexi

When burning a cue file made from mp3 files I'm having this high pitched sound/shriek between every track. If I skip the track manually this sound does not appear, so only when one track automaticly goes to the next. I haven't encountered this problem when burning other music CD's (cue with corresponding ape file), only when I make cue files from mp3 files. Anybody have an indication what causes this? It's very annoying.

You'd have to check which filters are being used for decoding the mp3s. When making the cue, right click one of the mp3s you've added and click the menu option to show the directshow filter list. Let us know what it says.

Thx for replying.

1. -> Source (Vendor Info: Unknown)

2. -> MPEG-I (Vendor Info: Unknown)

3. -> LAV Audio Decoder (Vendor Info: Unknown)

4. -> Sample Grabber (Vendor Info: Unknown)

5. -> Null Renderer (Vendor Info: Unknown)

It could be the 'lav' filter as that isn't a standard one.

Thx for the quick reply. Edit: the sound has vanished!

Now it's MP3 Decoder DMO, is that the standard one?

I have 2 more questions if you don't mind. I burned a MP3 CD with the discography of a band. Problem 1 is the sound quality seems to be horrible (buzzing when the track is silent, distortion with low bass). The second problem is that although I've added it CD per CD, it somehow orders it by tracknumber (all track 1's, then all track 2's,...). I've looked but I don't see the option to disable auto-ordening. Thx in andvance.

Edited by alexi

Yes, that's the standard one.

The decoding of the tracks is an external thing and it's all down to the DirectShow filters I'm afraid. ImgBurn burns exactly what they provide it with.

It's hard for me to visualise exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing regarding the track ordering. When you add a bunch of files in one go, they'll be added in alphabetical order. Normally that wouldn't cause a problem... and it doesn't sound like it should be for you either if you're adding them a CD at a time. It should just be listing them as track 1-x of CD 1, then track 1-x of the 2nd CD you add. There is a button you can click to order the tracks by track number (as specified in their metadata), but it's certainly not done automatically.

Yes, that's the standard one.

The decoding of the tracks is an external thing and it's all down to the DirectShow filters I'm afraid. ImgBurn burns exactly what they provide it with.

It's hard for me to visualise exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing regarding the track ordering. When you add a bunch of files in one go, they'll be added in alphabetical order. Normally that wouldn't cause a problem... and it doesn't sound like it should be for you either if you're adding them a CD at a time. It should just be listing them as track 1-x of CD 1, then track 1-x of the 2nd CD you add. There is a button you can click to order the tracks by track number (as specified in their metadata), but it's certainly not done automatically.

Again, thx for the quick reply.

Ah too bad, shield try it a few more times with different files maybe. Imgburn seems to be the only program that lets you burn mp3 cd's anymore. Although olders versions of Nero Burning Rom seem to have a jukebox function.

So the order is like the file attached. But afterwards the track order is 01 - The Voice Of Enigma, 01 - Second Chapter, 01 - ... ,... , 02 - Principles Of Lust - A, 02 - The Eyes Of truth. When I've tried it the second time I could see during the burn process that all track's starting with 01 where burned, then all tracks 02 and so on.

post-53004-0-20731700-1385072050_thumb.jpg

Ooooh you're in Build mode now, doing an mp3 (data) disc!

Sorry, I'd assumed you were doing a proper audio cd still with the cue file.

Files are always burnt alphabetically in build mode. Keep the tracks in separate folders with the artist + album name. I.e. How they are on your PC. You don't even need to drag the tracks over to the source box, just the folders would do.

Use advanced input mode if you want more control over the folder structure on the disc.

Ooooh you're in Build mode now, doing an mp3 (data) disc!

Sorry, I'd assumed you were doing a proper audio cd still with the cue file.

Files are always burnt alphabetically in build mode. Keep the tracks in separate folders with the artist + album name. I.e. How they are on your PC. You don't even need to drag the tracks over to the source box, just the folders would do.

Use advanced input mode if you want more control over the folder structure on the disc.

Ah, will do. Thx for all the help. Seeing your post count means you do this stuff over and over, with little in return. People like make me feel warm and oozy inside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.