I've done everything right, but it doesn't work.

MartinDisk

Ok, I found some old cd I had, and I wanted to try it, but my laptop doesn't have a cd drive. So i used my brother's PC, copied the files in the cd to a usb stick, then in my pc i installed IMGburn, made the iso file, ran the setup (from the program in the CD), it installed the program, but when i was going to start the program, it gave me an error message saying " you put the wrong cd in the drive, please put the correct cd", it's kinda the "no CD found" error.

So that doesn't work. And I would like to know if I did anything wrong.

The cd is in portuguese, because I am portuguese and I bought it at some electronics shop a long time ago. If you want to know what it says, just use google translate.

eoor.PNG

19 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

You should have used ImgBurn to make an image from the original disc, not from the files you'd copied to a USB stick.

Is this a game cd? It could be copy protected and that's why it's not working now.

well it's an educational game, at least 1 of them is (in english is called "my amazing human body", and there's another one, it's like a digital dictionary (only launched in Portugal).

Oh i just read the cover and it said it is copy protected and there may be some problem reading in some cd readers.

And, i can't make the image from the original CD, because my PC doesn't have a cd drive.

Edited by MartinDisk

11 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

No, but you said you copied the files using your brother's PC. So instead of copying the files on his, you should have tried to make an image.

In any case, it would seem you're out of luck and the copy protection would kick in either way.

Oh well, maybe i Will buy a USB CD drive. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.