Burnt an ISO to DVD - doesn't play

dana

I used the latest version of ImgBurn to burn an ISO to a new LG e10L DVD writer. The process appeared to operate without problems, and the log looks okay to me. The ISO was created by another DVD software product, CloneDVD. The DVD that was produced does not play on my PC not on my home theater; it seems to start, although there's no audio or video, then promptly stops on both sets of equipment. I explored the physical DVD media and it contains both an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder, but only the video folder has any data in it. Here's the log from the operation -- what do you suspect happened? Thanks.

I 10:27:00 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 10:27:00 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

W 10:27:00 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB

I 10:27:00 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:27:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:27:00 Found 4 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW/RAM!

I 10:35:41 Operation Started!

I 10:35:41 Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\ALL_THE_KINGS_MEN.ISO

I 10:35:41 Source File Sectors: 2,006,270 (MODE1/2048)

I 10:35:41 Source File Size: 4,108,840,960 bytes

I 10:35:41 Source File Volume Identifier: ALL_THE_KINGS_MEN

I 10:35:41 Source File Implementation Identifier: mkisofs

I 10:35:41 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 10:35:41 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E10L LE05 (F:) (USB)

I 10:35:41 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 10:35:41 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 10:35:41 Write Mode: DVD

I 10:35:41 Write Type: DAO

I 10:35:41 Write Speed: 8x

I 10:35:41 Link Size: Auto

I 10:35:41 Test Mode: No

I 10:35:41 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 10:35:41 Filling Buffer...

I 10:35:42 Writing LeadIn...

I 10:36:04 Writing Image...

I 10:42:17 Synchronising Cache...

I 10:42:18 Closing Track...

I 10:42:22 Finalising Disc...

I 10:42:53 Image MD5: 0e0d7b2af6927c738ba422b4719dd5f9

I 10:42:53 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:07:12

I 10:42:53 Average Write Rate: 10,786 KB/s (7.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,176 KB/s (8.1x)

I 11:00:43 Close Request Acknowledged

I 11:00:43 Closing Down...

I 11:00:43 Shutting down SPTI...

I 11:00:43 ImgBurn closed!

Do you still have the iso that you burned ?

You can mount this iso using Daemon Tools and try to play it to see if could be played or not. I do this before burn any dvd video iso to check if it plays correctly.

Thanks for all your feedback. Let me address each question in the order they appeared.

Q: Cornholio - did you set the booktype to -ROM?

A: Dana - No, it was set to regular. The booktype media was set to DVD+R, since I use Verbatim 4.7Gb DVD+R disks.

Q: Marbi - Do you still have the iso that you burned ?

You can mount this iso using Daemon Tools and try to play it to see if could be played or not. I do this before burn any dvd video iso to check if it plays correctly.

A: Dana - I tried to run Daemon Tools from my XP Start Programs menu, but it didn't do anything. I don't see any info about it in ImgBurn, nor in the readme.txt that came with it. How do I run it?

Q: lfcrule1972 - Did you remove any audio using CloneDVD ?

A: Dana - No.

Q: LIGHTNING UK! - Doesn't look like CloneDVD was used at all.... otherwsie why would the image mention mkisofs for the 'implementation identifier' ? Unless of course you're talking about a fake CloneDVD and not the Elby/Slysoft one?

A: Dana - I used the current CloneDVD trial version, not a fake. I've tried a few different products trying to find one or a combination that works well. Due to that fact, I may have actually used DVD Decrypter, which I got a copy of despite the online statements that it's "dead". Would that explain the presence of mkisofs for the implementation identifier?

I figured out how to run Daemon Tools on an ISO image. I tried to play my ISO with it on MS Media Player, but it did nothing but display "Unknown DVD". I clicked play and it then displayed "Title 2", but still played nothing.

Okay I'll try that. I'm a bit confused though about setting the booktype parameters -- one sets the media type, e.g. DVD+R, while the other one sets the device type, e.g. Regular or DVD-ROM. Which combination are you suggesting? Thanks.

Not quite sure what you mean?

Just choose your drive tab, in the 'change for please select' area, choose drive (for DVD+R Media)

In the new setting drop down menu, choose DVD-ROM, and that's it, you should get a 'success' message.

That's what I did the first time, except I selected Regular instead on DVD-ROM, not knowing the effect since this product is new to me. I did get a success indicator. What is the difference, given that the software tells you if you're not sure what to do then just ignore it? Thanks again to all for your help.

That's what I did the first time, except I selected Regular instead on DVD-ROM, not knowing the effect since this product is new to me. I did get a success indicator. What is the difference, given that the software tells you if you're not sure what to do then just ignore it? Thanks again to all for your help.

setting it to dvd rom makes the disc more compatible to dvd players it makes the player think that its a store bought dvd, if you look at a store bought it says dvd rom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.