DVD9 burning info/issues ...

Shark

ok, here's the deal:

i have these two burners

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4521B

i want to be able to burn dvd9 media to its full, mainly ISO (images) i guess... altho i know alot about burning standard CDs and DVD5s, and about their copy protections (removing them, imitating, copying whatever) i know little of actually burning dvd9... i know they used to make them by injecting layers on top of layers (father - child) and that's pretty much it... the way i see it, dvd9 burning is somewhat like looking at a window - first you see a reflection of yourself and then if you focus, you see the distant picture...

now, i don't know how they make (or made) the laser do that, and that's why i need your help :) i don't know about your moral/legality issues/tolerance, so i'll just say that the thing i want to do borders with illegality... if you wish i can explain what i want to do, but for now it'll remain on the "i want to burn bigger (dvd9) isos to a single media"

i haven't done much researching (yet) but i'm guessing one of those two has to go and get replaced by a Dual Layer burner (i'm guessing they made them by now) so could you suggest which i may purchase ? also, if one of these is capable of burning dvd9 but requires firmware update, you may want to point that one too...

so far i haven't really read any of the guides, but from what i've seen, that ImgBurn tool sure looks powerful, and a thousand kudos to the guy that made it...

so, for the time being - i need suggestions like which dvd9 media to use (otherwise i'll default to Verbatim DVD9-R) and/or which burner should i replace or which firmware update should i apply if one of those is capable of burning dvd9s....

later on, when i get one of those things done, i'll ask for info on how to actually burn then :D

thanks in advance, Aleksandar

GOOGLE is your friend with a little research you can find out the capabilities of both burners,I do believe they both burn dual layer the PIO for sure the only media to burn to (dual layer is Verbatim +R DL nothing else ) About bypassing copyright protection or ripping of any kind forget it you wont get any kind of help doing anything of that nature here, thats what caused the downfall of DVD Decrypter and for legal reasons we dont answer questions pertaining to it or even want to discuss it

" i don't know about your moral/legality issues/tolerance, so i'll just say that the thing i want to do borders with illegality"

this statement you made, let me make it simple the tolerance is ZERO full stop.If you want to discuss illegal actvity then you need to find another forum there is no exception period , hope this makes it crystal clear

updating your firmware to the latest is always a good idea

reading the guides is a must

nah, i don't need help with any kinds of protections, you got it all wrong... i just want to backup some games to a dvd9 without splitting it's image into two rars and then putting each on a dvd5, thats all... some people/states consider it illegal, but it's legal to make a backup copy of a game you own... i just don't want my NWN2 scratched, thats all :D thanks on clearing it up anyways polopony :) oh and maybe burning all those starwars movies on one dvd, that would be nice too...

@lightning uki - arent you the guy that made the dvd decrypter ? i'm kinda curious about some of the routines you used... but that's another thing, thanks for the link and the help :) i wanted to ask about those +R, more importantly - about the compatibility issues... the main difference between - and + (AFAIK) are marketing and compatibility, right ? so, any comment on that one ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.