Possible Bug in Discovery Mode Numeric Entry

fordman

This is minor, and perhaps is only a bug if the numeric keypad on standard keyboards was meant to be supported for numeric entry.

If one attempts to enter a custom number of sectors or MB in those fields with the number keypad (as opposed to the top row above the letters), the results are unexpected.

For instance, using the keypad for these numbers seems to be fine: 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Meanwhile 4 does nothing, and 2 takes you to the build mode!

So, of the 10 digits of the keypad 8 of 10 work as expected, while 2 seem broken....

Is ImgBurn designed to accept data entry from the keypad?

Ford Man

lol for some weird reason the numeric keypad keys have the same values as some normal letters on the keyboard!

So, keypad '1' is actually 'a', keypad '2' is actually 'b', '3' is 'c', '4' is 'd' etc etc.

In modes that don't generally accept keyboard input (for file names and a like) I let the old style 'mode' shortcuts still work - i.e. 'b' for build mode, 'l' for the log window etc. (rather than ctrl+alt+B)

So keypad 2 wont work because it switched to build mode. Keypad 4 won't work because it switches to discovery mode.

I obviously need to use some other part of the windows message to find the difference between a real 'a' and keypad '1' etc. It's ordinal number clearly isn't enough!

Alternatively I'll just ditch the old style shortcuts where people could switch modes with a single keypress.

Oops, no, scrap that!

At the level I was bodging the support for the old style shortcuts, the windows messages don't seem to differentiate between upper and lower case letters. That must come later or something.

My 'case' statement however was checking for:

case 'b':

case 'B':

{

// do some stuff

}

break;

But really, I only needed

case 'B':

{

// do some stuff

}

break;

The 'case 'b':' was the cause of the issues as 'b' as a value is the same a the numeric keypad '2' key.

In any case, it's fixed now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.