Burning Files Downloaded from Dime A Dozen

liftsteady

Just today I decided to try and burn some video files that I had downloaded from Dime. I have never had a problem burning music files.

I am using a TDK burner.

I have loaded imgburn and followed all tutorials about burning Video_TS files

I burn ..and imgburn tells me I am successful

However when I go to play in any of numerous DVD players they will not play. I am using HP DVD-R 8X media.

If anyone could let me know what I may be doing wrong or post a tutorial...I'd be much appreciative. :ph34r:

If those videos weren't in DVD-Video format (VIDEO_TS folder with VOBs/IFOs/BUPs inside), then the burnt disc won't play on standard DVD players.

If you want to convert those videos to DVD-Video format, please have a look at VideoHelp.com, as there are plenty of guides for doing that.

If those videos weren't in DVD-Video format (VIDEO_TS folder with VOBs/IFOs/BUPs inside), then the burnt disc won't play on standard DVD players.

If you want to convert those videos to DVD-Video format, please have a look at VideoHelp.com, as there are plenty of guides for doing that.

OJK..I just registered there and will try and find something. The VOBs/IFOs/BUPs are in the VideoTS folder. Everything seems to work right but when I go to play on my DVD players it doesnt recognize the disc. On one DVD plaer (panasonic) it reads HO2 and then says NO DISC. On a Sony it says "Cannot Read This Disc".

I will keep looking /trying and let you know if I find something.

I would appreciate it if anyone has had this problem and found a solution.

thanks...here we go.

21:33:26 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 21:33:26 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:33:26 Total Physical Memory: 522,220 KB - Available: 183,664 KB

I 21:33:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:33:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:33:26 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Alrighty. We can eliminate what it's not.

It's not that ImgBurn isn't picking up the files. (Pretty obvious from the size of your file but it never hurts to ask).

It's not a booktype error as you're using -R media.

It shouldn't be the media. "TTG01" are reported as "grade A" which is as good as it gets. (Although a verify would be nice to confirm this).

It's not your drives' firmware as it's up-to-date.

What I'm curious about though is does this disk play properly in your PC using DVD player software?

Alrighty. We can eliminate what it's not.

It's not that ImgBurn isn't picking up the files. (Pretty obvious from the size of your file but it never hurts to ask).

It's not a booktype error as you're using -R media.

It shouldn't be the media. "TTG01" are reported as "grade A" which is as good as it gets. (Although a verify would be nice to confirm this).

It's not your drives' firmware as it's up-to-date.

What I'm curious about though is does this disk play properly in your PC using DVD player software?

No it does not...and I used TWO different medias

Call off the dogs!!! It plays in Media Player classic AND in my BOSE 1-2-3 DVD system!! Didnt play in a Sony or Panasonic!!

You guys are great....many,many thanks for your QUICK help with this...now I can I start down this seemingly fun road of DVD burning and beging to learn to understand it. I hope to be here often...

Before you leave this forum for the boundless eternity that is the internet, it may be worth checking to see if your players will actually play region-free DVDs or that the files you are trying to play on those players are actually compatible with your player. Users in the USA have great difficulty playing DVDs that are encoded in PAL as most of their machines are NTSC only - making the disk unplayable. Also, many expensive players refuse to play DVDs that have been stripped of their region code. A $20 Chinese player from the bargain bin will play damned near anything. Let us know how you get on.

Before you leave this forum for the boundless eternity that is the internet, it may be worth checking to see if your players will actually play region-free DVDs or that the files you are trying to play on those players are actually compatible with your player. Users in the USA have great difficulty playing DVDs that are encoded in PAL as most of their machines are NTSC only - making the disk unplayable. Also, many expensive players refuse to play DVDs that have been stripped of their region code. A $20 Chinese player from the bargain bin will play damned near anything. Let us know how you get on.

OK you can bet I wont be leaving..seriously...I have already found a lot of interesting things to try.

Is there a way to check and see if your players will play region free DVD's? Is there away around this when creating the DVD's?

And seriously...thanks for your help.

Re: Your players' compatibility - honestly, who the hell knows? Typing the model number into Google might be an idea. You may find something or nothing. As I said, the cheap and nasty players really work. Having said that, the players here in Australia are expected to play both PAL and NTSC. It seems the USA lags in this area. The fact that your DVD plays fine on your PC makes me suspect (and I could be wrong), that your players have a region code restriction on them. (If it were a PAL/NTSC problem your DVD would probably play but the picture would be in black and white). Not living in the USA makes this theory difficult to test. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.