I/O Error after vacation

spinall4

Ok, so I think I know my answer from reading other posts in the forum, but here goes. I have burned about 25 DVD's with my Pioneer DVR-111D. I am using the Memorex DVD+R DL, which I'm sure everyone will disagree with and tell me to toss and buy Verbatim...lol. Everything was fine until I went on vacation for a week. When I got back I started getting an I/O Error which I will post below. I have updated to the newest version of ImgBurn and flahsed my drive with the lastest update. Can anyone tell me what is wrong by reading the log below? Do you need me to post the error in the windows that pops up?

I 13:33:20 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 13:33:20 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 13:33:20 Total Physical Memory: 523,760 KB - Available: 260,220 KB

I 13:33:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:33:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:33:39 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

which I'm sure everyone will disagree with and tell me to toss and buy Verbatim...lol

yup, toss 'em and buy Verbatim.

Your drive is having trouble with your current ones so it makes sense to try some others. If they don't work either, your drive may have died. You could also try running a cleaning disc in it.

Your drive is having trouble with your current ones so it makes sense to try some others.

I can't believe this actually worked!. I got new Verbatim discs and I don't have errors anymore. Thanks for the help!

Stephen

You can't believe companies make cheap garbage media and flood them out to unsuspecting people who are price conscious and due to human nature, try to save a few pennies here and there? C'mon! Really! :)

Regards

Your drive is having trouble with your current ones so it makes sense to try some others.

I can't believe this actually worked!. I got new Verbatim discs and I don't have errors anymore. Thanks for the help!

Stephen

I'm glad to read that the Verbs took care of the problem. You'd be astounded at the number of people who don't believe that switching to those discs will help them. Your post is additional proof that we know (at least sometimes :whistling: ) what we're talking about.

One more thing you should know. Make sure you use +R DL and not -R DL discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.