questions reg audio burning and a couple others

thezman

wow.. first off this is awesome software .. thank you will def get you out a donation..

second is there a way to use a specified codec for audio burning or does it simply use whatever it can thats installed. i dont see any way to set it to use a specific one and was wondering if this was at all possible. can you tell me specifically what this uses when converting to audio? i specifically want to use lame. i have k-lite installed now since i play a lot of various types of files and it had pretty much everything in it but i see that imgburn uses ffdshow when im burning a cd and imo the audio is not that great, it sounds good but i can def tell the difference from when i was using nero with the lame codec.. i have lame codecs how do i install and make sure they get used for imgburn?

also does this write the temp files to a specified directory somewhere i need to maintain them and delete them.. or is it all done on the fly and they get removed after the burn is over??

while i love this program the wife (lol) does not. she needs something much more basic to use this is far to complicated for her. is there anywhere anyone has made a skin or a different user interface? prob not but i thought i would ask. if not what would you all recc as something she would be able to use? right now she is using ashampoo which she really likes and can use but it does not do cd text unless its in the online database and she hates that. she wants the track names and stuff to be there. i guess i may have to *try* to teach her how to use this one. she is far from computer savy though..

what engine does this use? is it luk's own or if not which is it.. just curious

one last question is there a way to get the gui to be in a larger box.. my laptop is a wuxga screen and this box is TINY.. lol its really kinda hard at times to see.. again just asking.

hey thanks again luk for this i simply am shocked and cannot believe this is only a 1.8mb install and can do what it does. im sure there is stuff i have not even found yet in this version 2.4 and sorry for so many questions

Edited by thezman

second is there a way to use a specified codec for audio burning or does it simply use whatever it can thats installed

It uses whatever directshow is setup to use. It's all automatic.

You can change the 'merit' of your directshow filters if you prefer a certain one over others... of course it's all file type dependant too, not a 'one for all'.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...nager&meta=

also does this write the temp files to a specified directory somewhere i need to maintain them and delete them

It doesn't write any temp files during decoding, it's all done on the fly.

what engine does this use? is it luk's own or if not which is it

My own.

one last question is there a way to get the gui to be in a larger box..

Which box? The 'Source' box in build mode? Double click it or click the green arrow.

wow thank you for the link i was looking for that exact thing. i can now use lame for mp3 decoding..

what i would like to know is how is your engine different from say nero or ashampoo (this even though simple simply burns anything i have thrown at it.. my now second fav i think) or others since a lot of them use built in codec's correct? is there any difference in the output of the files or audio being burned?

im just wondering why (not at all questioning you about you methods just want more info) many many programs i see like star, gear pro etc.. take the mp3 and turn it into a wav on the hdd (and dont delete it after arghhhhhh) before burning to the cd as cd audio.. i used gear pro for a long time and have tried star from rocket among others that take forever to convert the mp3 first?? is this really needed? what benefit does it serve?

i really always liked imgburn and was a long time dvd decrypt user so trust me i love your work no doubt.. just wondering why the differences and trying to learn more about these type of programs.

i know ive asked a lot already and THANK YOU for being so patient.. one last thing is there a way to as i said have a more "simple" click and go interface... is there a way like with say gear i can write a one click command for this program. i was able to do that via a command line with gear so i was hoping maybe someone out there made something like this. otherwise ill have to leave something alse like ashampoo installed for her to use..

again THANK you for taking the time on this project.. i still can not believe a program this small can do what it does..

"Which box? The 'Source' box in build mode? Double click it or click the green arrow."

also no i mean the whole program gui.. on my 17" wuxga its so tiny .. i made the mistake of getting this resolution and its sometimes drives me crazy.. thanks again

I run 1920x1200 and I wouldn't call it 'tiny' at all.

ImgBurn has loads of CLI options, just look in the readme.txt file.

lol my eyes are not as good as they used to be....

ill check out the readme. thanks... still would love more info on the other above questions or maybe point me to where i can find more info. thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.