Jump to content

Imgburn gets real huffy after it sees one of my cuesheets


slothman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I have stumbled upon some weirdness in imgburn's cuesheet stuffs. When I try to burn a cuesheet that was generated from imgburn using the read mode, it acts real funky. I'd attach a log, but there's no info that would be of any use. I even tried regmon and filemon on it, still can't see any file it's complaining about.

 

Basically the error that comes up says this:

Cannot open file:

 

Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.

Retry Cancel

 

Well looking at that I just realized it is looking for a path, but I'm sure that would've come up somehow as well. I'm fairly certain this is not intended program behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, here's a copy of the log:

 

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Saturday, 05 April 2008, 14:03:07

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 14:02:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 14:02:41 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 14:02:41 Total Physical Memory: 490,852 KB - Available: 333,120 KB

I 14:02:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:02:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:02:41 Found 1 DVD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok Lightning UK, i got the 411 for you :teehee:

 

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S JS0D (ATA)

Current Profile: CD-R

 

Disc Information:

Status: Complete

Erasable: No

Sessions: 2

Sectors: 300,186

Size: 614,780,928 bytes

Time: 66:44:36 (MM:SS:FF)

 

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 2, Form 1, LBA: 0 - 253574)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 253575)

Session 2...

-> Track 02 (Mode 1, LBA: 260850 - 300185)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 300186)

 

Track Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 253573, LRA: 253572)

Session 2...

-> Track 02 (LTSA: 264975, TS: 35209, LRA: 300183)

 

ATIP Information:

Start Time of LeadIn (MID): 97m24s01f

Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s72f

 

Btw just fyi: This was a multisession disc created with cdrtfe 1.3

 

I haven't been able to copy this disc with anything except for commercial cd burning progs like nero/clonecd/alcohol. I have spent many long hours trying to figure out why it is not possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

Shouldn't this be mode 2?

 

Regards

Yes probably, but I didn't have much of a hand in that, talk to cdrtfe about it. I simply selected the correct options to make a multisession disc and that's the mode it selected. The disc is properly recognized in windows though, even though isobuster can't see any of the files on the second session (very strange).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe try to burn it again, but change the cuesheet.

 

Regards

Well I have done that and much much more. No go. As I've said, it's basically impossible to try to copy this cd I've created with free or open source tools. I've also created multisession cd's with infrarecorder which does properly set the mode, but the same problem. No way to copy.

 

I think I may have a way to do it though, there's a program which creates images which have "weak sectors", basically unreadable sectors. I'm sure it would be a simple matter to take the unreadable sectors which are marked by isobuster and turn them into weak sectors. That *may* produce a correct copy. Still can't believe I have to do all this to copy a multisession cd though :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The cue sheet:

FILE "Image.bin" BINARY

REM SESSION 01

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:00:02

REM LEAD-OUT 56:21:00

REM SESSION 02

TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

INDEX 00 58:52:73

INDEX 01 57:58:00

 

I expect these are what's causing the problem.

 

Index 0 coming after Index 1, but I'm not really sure why!

 

I even tried recreating the disc and reading it back but I still didn't get an index 0.

 

I can try some other stuff now I have the disc info.

 

If windows can see all the files on the disc I'd probably just use Build mode, point it at the disc and have it create a new image.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah ok, I've had a closer look now...

 

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 2, Form 1, LBA: 0 - 253574)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 253575)

Session 2...

-> Track 02 (Mode 1, LBA: 260850 - 300185)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 300186)

 

Track Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 253573, LRA: 253572)

Session 2...

-> Track 02 (LTSA: 264975, TS: 35209, LRA: 300183)

 

The two numbers in bold should be the same.

 

Do you have any other drives you could try and read that disc in? (because it looks like a firmware bug - either in writing or in reading)

 

I really just need to see the same 'Disc Information' as you posted last time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doh!

 

It was a problem on my end. >_<

 

I just tried another drive on another computer, and it read the cd and wrote another copy fine. But the copy of the cd was wack. But I guess that's ok, at least imgburn tried to make a copy. Which is much better than the result on this computer.

 

I also took the drive from this computer and tried it on the other computer. No problems again. So that means this computer itself has some kind of issue. Really sorry to bother you with a problem that only existed in my machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.